MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

BAS issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User Booso786
7 Posts
Contributing User
Booso786
Contributing User

7Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS issues

Hi,

I have come across a major problem with the BAS and would prefer some advice.

I had previously being carrying out my bookkeeping myself until the 2nd quarter BAS was due. After that I handed over my bookkeeping to a third party. And on lodging the 3rd quarter BAS and as the final year BAS reconciliation was done, certain issues were identified.

I had changed my BAS reporting method and accounting method from accruals to cash basis in the 2nd quarter. Will this be an issue.

Also as a third party was handling my accounts and as I had more time in my hands, I requested all my transactions for the previous quarters to be re-done and error free and wanted certain new transactions to be recorded such as a savings account I had been maintaining and other sales and purchases to another entity which were previously not recorded. Therefore my accounts after the change would reflect accurately my business situation unlike what I previously reported.

This has changed my BAS for the first two quarters considerably. Could I please get some advice on what should be done to rectify this?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Ultimate Partner BooksInTheCloud
1,471 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
BooksInTheCloud
Ultimate Partner

1471Posts

1304Kudos

154Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: BAS issues

Hi Booso786

It is likely the changes as you have identified below would have impacted your GST  and will no longer balance to previous BAS returns.  

I am presuming the third party you had appointed is no longer doing your books, if they are still doing your books and they are a qualified BAS or TAX agent they should be able to answer your queries directly?

Otherwise I would suggest  you engage a MYOB Partner in your local area who is a qualified TAX or BAS agent to review your file and amend your BAS returns if required or alternatively contact your accountant.

https://my.myob.com.au/pages/partnersearch.aspx

Regards

Renae

If I am responding to your query and I have helped you please kindly mark my post as a solution to assist others in the future.
Warm Regards
Renae

@renae2peas
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post