BAS preparation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner Rusty59
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Rusty59
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS preparation

Having just experienced my first quarter with Essentials, I was surprised to find you cannot produce a BAS report which integrates both GST and PAYG. I was informed that Essentials is designed for small businesses therefore I should be using AccountRight. Why then does MYOB advertise Essentials with unlimited payroll, in my mind that is not advertising for small business . MYOB Essentials also state "Produce instant reports on PAYG, GST and BAS", please explain where this instant BAS report is, as far as I know it's only PAYG and GST. Hopefully this report is included in future upgrades.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31555Posts

4131Kudos

4601Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: BAS preparation

Hi @Rusty59

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Currently MYOB Essentials allows for a report to be produced from the system (Reports>>All Reports>>GST report for Activity Statement) on values required for BAS generation. At this stage it doesn't allow for direct BAS creation, like AccountRight, however online lodgement with the ATO is something that we are looking into for the future of MYOB Essentials.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Tms001
1 Post
Cover User
Tms001
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: BAS preparation

I agree with Rusty59 and if its something that MYOB already have with other software, then please introduce it to Essentials. My business maybe small, so this means its important that it works efficiently and this the sole reason for using MYOB.

A MYOB link to the ATO Business Portal to complete BAS would be great, however l suspect this will take quite a bit of time as well as have teething problems. 

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post