BAS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
DiJac
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BAS

The BAS figures produced from `Prepare BAS/IAS' within the Accounts Page do not match to the Payroll Summary and GL Summary reports.  The BAS figures do not pick up all the payroll/wage allowances.

How can I display the transactions that the BAS is reporting, so as to compare with the summary reports?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: BAS

Hi @DiJac 

Thanks for your post. If you are lodging your BAS online, open the BAS then click on Settings and Set up activity statement fields. Make sure all applicable wage categories have been selected for W1 and W2. Once that is done click on Update from ledger in the top right corner:

up.PNG

The BAS doesn't filter by transactions but by the Tax codes and wage categories selected for each field so if the BAS is incorrect it generally indicates your set up is wrong.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

DiJac
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Thanks Tracey, I am not lodging online, however I use the manual figures to lodge manually. 

I had verified, through the Setup button, that all Category/Desciption selections were selected correctly.

I noticed that one of the W1 selections had a zero balance, even though amounts had been allocated during the last 3 months.  And the other selections had incorrect amounts.

For example, I checked the weekly payslips for one employee for the last 3 months - they matched the Payroll Summary report.  However, the Payroll Summary Report does not match the totals in the W1 BAS Setup.

I even tried to remove the totals from either end of the quarter to try and recreate the figures, no matter what I tried, I could not balance.

I am concerned that every single BAS I have submitted is incorrect.

All this is hard to articulate without both of us using the same data ....

Thanks for your reply though.

Dianne

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

@DiJac 

Hi Dianne

Since you're using BASlink the first thing I'd check is the dates, make sure you've selected the correct financial year and the period is correct under PAYG tax withheld:

bas.PNG

Can I also get you to run the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports and make sure they are the same? The Payroll Summary report and Payroll Register summary get their figures from the Pay History in the employee card. The Payroll Activity report and the W1 field get their figures from pays allocated to payroll categories in Process Payroll. 

A difference in the Activity and Register reports will mean that the Payroll Summary and BAS will not balance either. This is caused by manual changes made to the Pay History in the employee card. If you find that the Activity and Register reports are different, you will need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process any adjustments through Process Payroll.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

DiJac
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

2Kudos

2Solutions

Hello Tracey, thank you for all your replies.

I feel like such a dill.  I selected the correct quarter, however not the correct year.  I selected this year, which makes sense, as it is this year when you are asked; I did not look at the actual year in number format, dah.  I needed to select `next year'.  Lesson learned - slow down, And read everything!

Thanks again.

Dianne

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @DiJac 

I'm glad to hear you've sorted this out, thanks for letting me know. A tip that may help in the future whenever you see this year or next year, those options are based on the current financial year of your company file, not the actual calendar year. Hope that helps.

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post