BASLINK

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Experienced User Leslie22
231 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

231Posts

29Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BASLINK

We are currently remitting our BAS return via the ATO Portal.

Are the any benefits if we set up the BASLINK in MYOB

4 REPLIES 4
Super Partner Tingety
358 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

358Posts

337Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: BASLINK

Hi @Leslie22,

The MYOB Baslink tool is used for calculating the figures from your MYOB software and preparing manual Activity Statements for submission via the ATO portal.

However if you are using the latest version with a company file that is online, there is now an ability to use Online BAS Lodgement via MYOB.

For information on both systems, here is a help article from MYOB that goes through both systems and their benefits:

Lodge your activity statement (Australia only):

http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/zYBW

Please let us know if you have any further questions with the information above!

Thank you,

Tingety

Niko2017
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

I'm a newbie.

I have the stone and chisel version of MYOB (MY17) which has been suiting my small business to a T, with my accountant happy to use this. I am now attempting to do my own BAS quarterly through BASlink. Coming up with 'critical error in BASlink module' 'Building system information' and next screen, 'run-time error 53, file not found'

I have recently upgraded to windows 10 if that helps or hinders?

Niko

MYOB Moderator Neil_M
11,774 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

11,774Posts

1,377Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Niko2017

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource for finding information.

An error 53 when trying to run the BASlink module generally means that the Baslink routine has become corrupted and a repair install needs to be performed on your Accounting software.

So that you don’t lose all of the setup I recommend having a look at our help article, Error: "Critical Error" or "Runtime Error 53" in BASlink (Australia only). Although this help article is written for the current version, AccountRight v19, you can use the same steps for Accounting v17.

That being said, as we are talking about an older program, it isn’t tested for compatibility with Windows 10 nor can we guarantee that it will work or install as expected. This is because Windows 10 is significantly different from Windows 7 in the back end. If you do require a download link for Accounting v17, I’m sure we can accommodate that request and provide you with the link.

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Niko2017
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts