BASLink on browser

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JMaher
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

BASLink on browser

Hi. I have been using Accountright Plus more many years, and have used BASLink to check and confirm my IAS and BAS obligations offline, and then lodging via the Business Portal. I'm now getting used to doing everything online (via browser) and can't seem to work out how to do the same thing in the browser. It keeps wanting me to sign up and lodge it through MYOB. At present I do not want to do that. Can anyone please explain to me how I can access the BAS and IAS forms without having to lodge? Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: BASLink on browser

Hi @JMaher 

Thanks for your post. Manual BAS preparation using BASLink is only available when accessing AccountRight through the desktop application. As such, you would need to access the file through the desktop to run the manual BASLink reports.

If you are accessing the file through a browser you would need to set up online activity statements: Get ready to lodge activity statements online

Data is immediately synced between the desktop and browser so you can switch how you access the file.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

JMaher
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey. Thanks for the reply. What I was hoping to be able to do was to use the browser version in the same way that I can use the desktop version: i.e. check that I have the correct totals, then lodge manually. I now see that the browser version does not have that ability. However, if I give a little more explanation, you may have a solution:

I have very recently started a small part-time bookkeeping practice. I have my qualification, but cannot advertise as a BAS agent, and cannot lodge on a clients' behalf. But I wanted to "practice" making sure my skills and knowledge are sufficient, by checking that what I THINK should be entered is in fact correct, without actually lodging. The desktop version enables me to do this, but as I get clients, they will probably only give me access to the browser, thus making it just a little harder for me to check my "progress".

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @JMaher 

One of  the major differences between online and manual activity statement lodgement is that with online the activity statements are retrieved from the ATO and appear in the Activity statements window. 

From a software perspective you can still check the BAS to make sure the fields are set up and reporting correctly in the browser. You can save an activity statement and go back later to lodge it by clicking on Validate to check for issues and then Prepare to Lodge. However, you won't be able to do this unless you're working on an active file with online lodgement set up so that activity statements are retrieved from the ATO.

When lodging online you need to set up the BAS fields the same as in BASLink by selecting the applicable tax codes and payroll categories. Reconciling the AccountRight reports with online BAS will also be the same as with BASLink. 

To lodge online the company file needs to be online, which means that if you have access to a clients file you can access it both from the desktop and the browser. You just need to make sure you've got their version of the software installed on your computer. So if you're more confident with BASLink you can set that up in a client's file then check that BAS with what is being reported through online lodgement prior to lodging.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

JMaher
Contributing User
13 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

13Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey. Would you consent to me PMing you?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @JMaher 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. You can send me a pm by clicking on this link: private message

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post