Balance in Payroll Liabilities incorrect

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mrskatecorby
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

31Posts

1Kudos

2Solutions

Balance in Payroll Liabilities incorrect

Hello,

I currently have $38,345.66 showing in my Payroll Liabilities Superannuation account, which is incorrect (it should be my June payment only, around $10K).

I assume this has something to do with how my payments to the Superfund have been handled within MYOB.  I have worked out the payments showing as outstanding are from 2017and 2018 financial year (and are definently NOT outstanding).

What can i do to fix this?  Do i need to find the original super payment and allocate it against this account to reduce the balance?

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Balance in Payroll Liabilities incorrect

Hi @mrskatecorby 

Typically superannuation payments are recorded via Pay Liabilities or Pay Superannuation in AccountRight, the associated liability accounts will be updated automatically. If the payments were recorded via Spend Money, with the correct liabilities account selected in the transaction it would also update the total liability.

Therefore if your liability account balance is incorrect it means either the super payment transactions were recorded incorrectly, or the liability account was incorrectly used in other transactions, you would need to look into the transaction history to identify. 

If the incorrect transactions occurred in already finalised financial year, it's best to check with your accountant/bookkeeper about any effect it may have on your reporting tasks, and the best way to rectify. 

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post