Can't set up online BAS lodgement

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Blueskies2810
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Can't set up online BAS lodgement

Hello

I am trying to lodge my BAS online however it is giving me the error message:

"For the next step, we need your ABN.

We’ve detected that you haven’t entered an ABN, or the ABN you entered isn’t valid.

Please enter a valid ABN in the Company Information window or Business Settings page. Once you’ve done that, refresh this page.

(Note that we don’t support TFNs.)"

I read older community post saying you needed to enter a 1 or 2 as the ABN Branch number in the Company Setup section. I have done both and it does not work. My ABN is correct.

2 REPLIES 2
Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Re: Can't set up online BAS lodgement

Hi @Blueskies2810 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In this matter, The error message does not indicate that there's a problem with the business details, so please go to  Setup>>Company Information within AccountRight, make sure that the business name and ABN are exact, remove extra spaces if any. I also recommend to double check what your ABN Branch number is on the original GST registration. we've had client with branch number 002 while there's only 1 branch. 

Let me know how you go and if you still need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

58Kudos

140Solutions

Re: Can't set up online BAS lodgement

Hi @Blueskies2810 

May I know how you go about the issue? If the issue persists, you can send me a Private Message with further information about your account so that I can investigate further. 

We are awaiting your response. I'm happy to assist. 

Regards. 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post