Changing accounting Method

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AXSHS
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Changing accounting Method

One of my clients has changed GST reporting from Accrual to Cash basis. I have changed this in the MYOB data file, however when running cash reports there is no information to display, but there is for accrual reports.

What am I missing?

TIA

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Changing accounting Method

Hi @AXSHS 

For the Cash reports to display data, you need to record the payments for transactions recorded in the software. 

The Accrual reports would display all the transactions even if they are not closed. However, Cash reports would only recognize the transactions for which payments have been applied.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AXSHS
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

The transactions are there - they are not being reported in a cash report. 

I found another post where this was an issue - this was my response :

Hi Tracey,

I also have the same issue. I can get a report for GST Summary accrual, but not Cash for 1/10/2019-31/12/2019. I can however get an Cash report for 1/1/2020-6/1/2020?

This happens across data files

I have taken one data file offline as was suggested in another post to run the reports, but this does not work.

I have checked the build date

I have unistalled and deleted 2019.4 and reinstalled

All to no avail

Where to now?

TIA

Chris

Robert_Mitchell
Valued User
343 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

343Posts

26Kudos

40Solutions

I'm not sure if this applies in this case but I wonder whether the cash payments have been applied directly to the invoice as COD rather than as a separate receipt after the invoice is recorded. I have found this sometimes stuffs up the Cash GST reports.

Cheers

Robert

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @AXSHS 

Thank you for the additional information.

As @Robert_Mitchell  mentioned, it would be worth checking how the payment has been recorded for the transactions. 

In case it does not resolve the problem, we would have to identify if there is any issue with the specific transactions in your files which are causing a roadblock while running the report. Therefore, can you please try running the cash report for a single day instead of weeks or months, and check if it's  then displaying any data, as the report broken in a specific range date can sometimes run fine for a single date if the transactions on that date have been recorded accurately.

Also, is the information not getting displayed just on "GST Summary Cash" report or all the other Cash reports as well?

Please let us know how you go with that. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AXSHS
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply. Payments are allocated via Receive Payment in Bank feeds.

This is an issue in 2 of my data files that do cash reporting - I have not tried all 17.

Thought there may have been an issue with the daa files under my subscription, however the 2 data files have different owners but I have administratow access on both.

Cheers

Chris

AXSHS
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Komal,

Other reports are fine as far as am aware.

I will have to do a day by day report tonight or later this week once I have finished dealing with my clients daily needs.

This is going to be time consuming and can you tell me what I should be looking for if there is a day/s that it won't report when there are transactions?

Cheers

Chris

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @AXSHS 

Our teams have been investigating this and have found that it is caused by General Journals without a tax code in the first line. This problem does appear to surface with the 2019.4 release and our teams are investigating a permanent solution.

In the meantime you can resolve the issue by running the report for small date ranges until you narrow down the date(s) and locate the incorrect GJ. Once you have entered the missing tax code you should be able to run the GST (summary - cash) report. 

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused. Please let me know if you have further issues.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AXSHS
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for that - hoping a solution is at hand as I have 20 data files I manage and 12 are on a Cash basis for their BAS.

And yes - this wasn't an issue before the latest release.

Many thanks

Chris

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post