Partner Zone
Partner Zone

End of Financial Year 2015 - AU - FAQs

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Community Manager Suja_P
5,833 Posts
Community Manager
Australia
Suja_P
Community Manager

5833Posts

2111Kudos

476Solutions

End of Financial Year 2015 - AU - FAQs

Hi all,

With the end of Financial Year in Australia fast approaching, we've included below some useful links to help you with this busy period. 

A comprehensive Tax Year Planner listing important dates and checklists can be found at our End of Financial Year site.

We've put together a list of some frequently asked questions during this time of year:

Do I have to rollover my Financial Year on/by 30 June?

Simple answer is no, you don't. You can continue to use your company file after the last month of your financial year. 

How do I close my Financial Year?

There are few tasks that need to be performed to close your Financial Year and start a new one. These are listed and explained in our Help article - Closing a financial year. Please ensure you take a backup of your company file before rolling over your file.

Is there a difference between End of Financial Year (EOFY) and End of Payroll Year (EOPY)?

Yes there is. The last month of the Financial year for businesses can vary from end of June to end of calendar year. However Payroll year for all Australian businesses is set to the period of 1st July to 30 June.

In AccountRight and AccountEdge you are forced to rollover your Payroll year before you are able to process a payroll transaction in the new Payroll Year ( with a Payment Date of 1 July or later). 

How do I close my Payroll Year?

There are few tasks that need to be performed to close your Payroll Year and start a new one. These are listed and explained in our Help article - Closing a Payroll Year.

How do I prepare and print Payment Summaries?    

You can produce an ATO compliant Payment Summary using the Payment Summary Assistant. To get to the Payment Summary Assistant please go to Payroll Command centre >> and Print Payment Summaries.

How do I stay compliant?

You can stay compliant by updating your MYOB software to the latest version. We will start releasing the 2015 compliance update this week. Depending on the product you are currently using and if you have a current subscription with us you will either be prompted to update within the software, or can download it from your my.MYOB.com  log in.

What's new in AccountRight 2015.3?

Find out everything about the AccountRight Live compliance release on the AccountRight Blog - AccountRight 2015.3 now available.

What if I don't have an active subscription?

If you do not have a current subscription with us, please contact us on 1300 555 151 so we can help you with this. There are various benefits to having an active subscription. Detailed information on the benefits of MYOB Cover can be found on our website - MYOB Cover.

I have also included here a link with details of the range of AccountRight Live services that are included with an AccountRight subscription. - AccountRight Live Services.

Where can I get more information?

End of Financial Year site

Free EOFY Webcast

Help Articles 

Support Notes 

I hope these help. Should you have any further queries regarding end of Financial year, please use the reply button on this post. We are always happy to assist further.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post