FBT recording a purchase that is subject to FBT

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Retrac
Contributing Cover User
19 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

19Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

FBT recording a purchase that is subject to FBT

We have an employee to whom we are reimbursing his monthly telephone account.  I am aware that this reimbursment may be subject to FBT if more than $2000 per year paid to employee. (FT year April-March)

I have a supplier card in the employee name and recording the purchase and reimbursing him.

Is this correct?

I cannot work out another way to record 'reimbursement' to employee that may be subject to FBT.

I can't see how it would go via payroll - although I do know that I need to manually add any grossed up amount into the EYO payroll Reporting area.

Everything I search/google refers only to paying any FBT liability....

If someone can point me in the right direction much appreciated.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: FBT recording a purchase that is subject to FBT

Hi @Retrac 

Thank you for your post. In regards to how much FBT to add to the purchase, we would highly recommend that you consult your accountant or the ATO regarding the way to calculate it; so that you are meeting all your tax obligations in this situation.

Once you've done so, if you have any queries regarding how to record it in the software, we'd be more than happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post