GST Incl & excl not caculating correctly on time billing orders

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User Kath_66
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST Incl & excl not caculating correctly on time billing orders

Hi,

I enter an Order sale on time billing format and enter an item, with the GST inclusive box unticked, and then enter the gst exlusive amount in the rate field (eg: $50). If I then put the tick in the GST inclusive box to make this figure inclusive the figure does not change, it stays at $50. Then I remove the tick back to exclusive the figure changes to $45.45. It seems to now treat what was originally a gst exclusive figure as if it were inclusive.

It doesn't seem to do this though when entered as an invoice. Only does it on an order.

Any suggestions please

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: GST Incl & excl not caculating correctly on time billing orders

Hi @Kath_66

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

Items on time billing quotes and orders are something that we have passed onto the required team for further investigation. The reason for this is that when an item is added to a (time billing) quote or order it will display the value as tax inclusive regardless of what setting you have enabled for Tax Exclusive on the Enter Sales window. At this stage, we don't have a timeframe for when that will be resolved, however, in the meantime unticking and re-ticking that tax inclusive option will force a recalculate and show the correct values. 

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post