GST on Wheat Payment

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Tridia
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

GST on Wheat Payment

How do others record Sales such as Wheat Sales that have automatic deductions taken out eg

Recording

Wheat Sale Gross Gst

The automatic deduction of expenses such royalities and levies with Gst.

This results in the deduction be posted to GST collected on General Ledger but the same deduction is in the GST report it is under expense

thereby throwing the general ledger out.

How are others record?

2 REPLIES 2
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,109 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,109Posts

111Kudos

469Solutions

Re: GST on Wheat Payment

Hi @Tridia 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

I would recommend creating a new tax code with the calculations for the wheat payments. However, It would be best to speak to your accountant to record accordingly to your business.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

502Kudos

522Solutions

Re: GST on Wheat Payment

Hi @Tridia @Princess_R

I assume the wheat is GST free if nothing has been done to it.  The levies would also have be GST free.

For that part it is simple and would be similar to what I do for my vegetable grower and I can do a negative line on my sales invoice.

The Royalties though would most likeley have GST which is what is throwing out both your your sales reported and GST collected account.

You would be best to do a sales invoice for the Gross amount of the sale then receive the payment of the invoice to undeposited funds.

Do a purchase for the royalties and levy deductions and then pay this off from undeposited funds.

Then go to prepare bank deposit tick both entries and the nett figure should agree with what is on you bank statement and all entries will go to correct GST collected and paid accounts, and your sales figure will show as the gross amount and not just the nett amount.

Hope this helps.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post