Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Zsuzsanna_MCHP
1 Post
Cover User
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record. Thanks, Zsuzsanna

3 REPLIES 3
Gayathri
1,144 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,144Posts

0Kudos

122Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

Hi @Zsuzsanna_MCHP,

Thank you for the post!

This is normally caused by an invalid character somewhere in the empdupe file. Most likely copied and pasted from an external source into the address or company name fields.  Pay particular attention to the address of the  in your list (line 35).

I would be taking a copy of that TPAR file and then opening that in NotePad (or NotePad ++) and come through the document to see if you do have any unusual characters i.e carriage returns or addition symbols... Based on the error report it would be line 35 (so around the 35 card).

Once that character has been edited, you would be able to delete or change that in your AccountRight file and recreate that TPAR file lodgement.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Debbie_Brownlie
Contributing Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Hi, my boss has tried to upload the Taxable Payment Report, but it has come back with Test Failed, reason: Line 35, The file contains an illegal character at end of last record.

We have had one error come back from a lodged TPAR - "invalid State" 

How do we re-do the report with just that one supplier? Selecting them through the wizard doesn't seem to exclude all the others

thanks

Debbie Brownlie
Impact Bookkeeping
Pakenham, VIC
Gayathri
1,144 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,144Posts

0Kudos

122Solutions

Hi @Debbie_Brownlie,

Thank you for the post!

I am not sure when you mentioned about changing the Invalid state. Generally, you would get the error with mentioning the line xxx causing the problem. I have advised how to correct it in my earlier post. If this is not what you are looking at, please provide more details and a screenshot of the error you received.

Thank you

Cheers,
Gayathri

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post