Import Tax - 100%

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
EmilyC
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import Tax - 100%

Hi, can anyone show me how to enter a transaction in MYOB AccoungRight showing 100% GST?

We have paid oversea supplier on their goods with Nil GST; but we have received an invoice from Freight Company charging GST on the imported shipment. 

I have tried to put in 0 expense, and full amount of GST under "Tax" on Purchase; but it's not showing a payable to the Freight Company as what it should be;

I have tried to enter Purchase into GST Paid Liability account; but then it's not showing on GST paid on the GST Reports.

All helps will be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

3,363Posts

503Kudos

522Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Import Tax - 100%

hi @EmilyC 

When I receive the invoice from the freight forwarder I will enter it either as a purchase or spend money.  

if the tax inclusive box is ticked prepare as the attachment.  The account used in the two lines for GST on importation (the positive and negative) is irrelevant, as long as they are both the same account, they will cancel each other out.  It is just for the purpose of getting the GST to flow through to the reports correctly.

Please mark as a solution if this solves your query.

Julie Carter AIPA, BBus(Acctg),
MYOB Professional Partner, Registered BAS Service Provider
Associate Member of Institute of Public Accountants
Member Association of Accounting Technicians
ph: 0417 927 654 email: accuratebooks7@gmail.com
JAC' of All Trades Bookkeeping (Servicing from Leederville to Pinjarra, Fremantle to Armadale WA)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to assist others.
If you found it helpful, please use the thumbs up.

Annotation 2020-04-18 103408.png
EmilyC
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Import Tax - 100%

This works prefectly!! Thank you so much.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post