Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,793Posts

1,423Kudos

160Solutions

Increase in Monthly Bill - Subscription Files

@Suja_P 

Suja,

I received my January 2020 Tax Invoice today with a substantial price increase for my 5 Subscription Files (which are not being used). 

On 29 November 2017, I purchased 5 Subscription Files at $10 per month being $50 including GST a month..

These 5 files were to be utilised for new clients but my Partner Manager has been unsuccessful in developing a plan to locate 5 new clients. 

I recall with the launch of the new Partner Program that the MYOB Partner Search was to be updated to include all Partners not only those that are Certified Consultants. Could you please provide an update on this - it does appear to have taken a long time.

Could you please provide an update of the success (or otherwise) of the new Partner Program.

The monthly Tax Invoices that I receive from MYOB show the Agreement Start date but not the Agreement End Date.

I cannot locate the Agreement at my end nor can I locate the Agreement on my.myob.

Could you please provide the Agreement.

The December Tax Invoice showed the 5 Subscription Files at $17.47 plus GST.

There was no indication on the December Tax Invoice how this figure was calculated.

I contacted my Partner Manager about the price increase and why I was not informed.

Her reply was that the $10 files were locked into a 2 year contract which has expired now - my Partner Manager did not explain what the ongoing cost of the Subscription Files would be nor how MYOB had calculated the amount of $17.47.

The explanation from my Partner Manager for not receiving the price rise email is that I might have opted out of marketing emails. I have checked my.myob and do not believe this is the case.

One would have thought my Partner Manager would have access to the price rise emails and would have sent them to me.

Have other Partners had the same issue of not receiving the price rise emails?

The January Tax Invoice shows 5 subscription files at $87.20 plus GST being $436 a month.

Once again, the Tax Invoice does not show how this amount was calculated.

If my Partner Manager was aware of this amount then it is certainly disappointing that I was not informed by her and a conversation held.

Could you please provide the price increase emails that my Partner Manager states have been sent to me.

It is recommended that Agreements and Partner Emails be made available on my.myob - had this been the case I would have all the information I need.

Happy New Year

Duncan 

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,676 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,676Posts

4,666Kudos

5,070Solutions

Re: Increase in Monthly Bill - Subscription Files

Hi @DuncanS 

I've reached out to your Partner Manager to arrange to get in contact with you over the next couple of days to discuss your enquiry.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,793 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,793Posts

1,423Kudos

160Solutions

@Steven_M @Suja_P 

This week I have been speaking to 2 Partner Managers - one in Sydney and one in Melbourne.

Both have stated that there is a MYOB invoicing issue affecting multiple Partners.

I was informed that a credit would be issued this week.

Could you please advise what the invoicing issue might be.

Why would MYOB not advise Partners of an invoicing issue?

I have made a request to both Partner Managers requesting the price increase emails and Agreement.

Neither Manager has been able to provide these.

In the meantime, one Partner Manager apparently cancelled my 5 subscription files without my consent.

I informed MYOB this was not my intent until i received the price increase emails/Agreement and was able to make an informed decision.

I understand that Blake Collins is the General Manager Partners.

Could you please forward these issues to him - I await his response.

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,676 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,676Posts

4,666Kudos

5,070Solutions

Hi @DuncanS 

Sorry to hear that you haven't received that information. I've followed up with the required parties to investigate further and contact you to discuss.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,793 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,793Posts

1,423Kudos

160Solutions

@Steven_M 

I have not heard from the required parties at MYOB.

Please provide an update.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
34,676 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

34,676Posts

4,666Kudos

5,070Solutions

Hi @DuncanS 

To my understanding, one of our team contacted you several times recently (week commencing 6th Jan.) to address your billing issues and to discuss a resolution.

I also understand you have recently requested a more local Partner manager. I have reached out to them to ensure that we do make contact and address any further concerns and enquires you do have.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
1,793 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,793Posts

1,423Kudos

160Solutions

@Steven_M 

I confirm that I have had various communications with both a Melbourne Partner Manager and a Sydney Partner Manager. I did visit the Sydney office in attempting to solve these issues.

Recall that both stated that MYOB has invoicing problems affecting multiple partners.

They suggested they were not able to solve the invoicing problems and would get back to me (no information was received last week).

I recall requesting from both Partner Manager a copy of the price increase email and my File Agreement - these have not been provided.

Are you able to pass these issues on to Blake Collins as requested as I believe as GM Partners he should be involved. I am unable to locate contact details for Blake on the MYOB website - if i could I would have sent him an email directly.

This matter should have been solved quickly by MYOB.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post