Journal Security Audit Report - incorrect user ID

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I have run a journal security audit report and I've found that some recurring general journals that are listed on the report are showing an incorrect User ID for the user that added the transaction.

The general journals are ones that I have set-up as the Administrator, and they have been set to automatically occur at particular times of each month. However the audit report indicates that other staff members (i.e. other User IDs) added the transactions, not the Administrator (me).

Is it perhaps the case that the first person to login to the data file each day triggers these recurring journals, and that same person is then indicated to have added the transaction on the journal security audit report?

Or is this happening due to some other reason?

3 REPLIES 3
Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

I have run a journal security audit report and I've found that some recurring general journals that are listed on the report are showing an incorrect User ID for the user that added the transaction.

The general journals are ones that I have set-up as the Administrator, and they have been set to automatically occur at particular times of each month. However the audit report indicates that other staff members (i.e. other User IDs) added the transactions, not the Administrator (me).

Is it perhaps the case that the first person to login to the data file each day triggers these recurring journals, and that same person is then indicated to have added the transaction on the journal security audit report?

Or is this happening due to some other reason?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Journal Security Audit Report - incorrect user ID

Hi @Wendy26 

Recurring transactions are recorded when the file is opened and thus are assigned to that user who initiated that opening of that file on the selected date.

For example, if UserA is listed as the user in the Recurring Transaction Schedule of the transaction but UserB opens the file on that then UserB would be the user ID assigned to the recurring transaction.

It should be noted that the Recurring Schedule user option is Automatically record this transaction when due and notify that user. The user is selected for the notification, not the recording.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Wendy26
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

9Kudos