43 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

43Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

MYOB Online BAS Not Reporting Correct Figures

I experienced a problem with 2 clients this week where they had processed various deeposits (via Receive Money), but instead of allocating the transaction to an Income Account, they allocated it to an Expense account. In one case, this client, whom I've worked with for 20+ years has processed this particular transaction the same way! Its a Real Estate Agent. Scenario: They pay for advertising via SPEND MONEY as per usual. However when they are reimbursed, they record the RECEIVE MONEY, but allocate it to the Advertising Expense account to reduce the overall amount of the expense. The second client did the same, and has done it in the past where they receive a refund on Workers Comp. Strangely, the MANUAL BAS reported the correct figures according to the GST CASH REPORT, but when we used the ONLINE BAS, the G1, 1A & 1B figures were not correct. I was online for nearly 2 hours with tech support, and ended up with no resolution. They said they would need to escalate the problem and call me back the next day. I have not rec'd a call from them as yet and my Account Manager has also not responded. After the 2 hour phone call, I put my thinking cap on again. I created a new Income Account in both client files, reallocated the transactions that had been recorded to the Expense account and voila, the Online BAS was perfect. I've been waiting for MYOB tech support to contact me so I could share my findings.....hopefully this message will flow to them and a resolution can be found. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,173Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Re: MYOB Online BAS Not Reporting Correct Figures

Hello @MOBS 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a resolution to your issue! However, I do apologise you have not yet received the callback that had been promised to you. I would be happy to close the loop on this and make a note in your account that you were able to find a solution. Please send me the serial number(s) on the account(s) impacted via private message (by clicking on this link) and I will update the notes in our system.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Thank you for your post @MOBS, I have had the same problem with the online BAS not being correct and this will be due to the same issue. I have never had the problem before... hopefully a resolution can be found!

thanks Robyn

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
43 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

43Posts

9Kudos

1Solutions

Hi Emily, Thanks for your response. However, I haven't resolved the problem, I've only determined what is causing the problem. I'm now wokring on a 3rd client file where exactly the same problem is happeneing. And their file has heaps of these same transactions. We really need to get this sorted. Please advise. I'm not sure having the Serial Number is of much use as it seems to be happending across the board.....help urgently please.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
1,173 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,173Posts

96Kudos

150Solutions

Hello @MOBS 

Thank you for the clarification and in that case I do apologise this is still an issue. In order to check the status of your callback and indicate that urgent communication is needed, I do need the serial numbers of the affected accounts. Please do send those to me via private message by clicking on this link so that I can check and escalate the status of your callback.

In the meantime, in rereading your post it is possible this is related to an issue we are currently aware of in which BAS figures are appearing incorrectly for some users in specific scenarios. Can I confirm whether you are using AccountRight Live on the desktop or AccountRight in a browser? Also, if you are using 2020.3 or a previous version? 

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post