N-T general journal not showing on GST reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JHopwood
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

N-T general journal not showing on GST reports

Hi- I have entered a general journal and selected "display in GST BAS report as: purchase" using the tax code N-T. However, when i create either the GST summary accrual or the GST detail accrual report it doesn't show the transaction as existing at all. I am aware because it is N-T technically it doesn't effect my BAS lodgement but I would assume since MYOB is asking how to display it in the GST/BAS report that it would still be included in the report?

Can someone please clarify if I am missing something. 

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: N-T general journal not showing on GST reports

Hi @JHopwood 

The tax code N-T is a not reportable tax code and thus transactional lines marked with that tax code will not appear in the GST based reports. The exception to that is if is a reportable line on the transaction (i.e. GST) then you will report the N-T portion.

In terms of the Display in GST [BAS] reports option in the Record Journal Entry it is a required field for those transactions recorded via this window to denote how AccountRight will display the transaction. However, for those transactions that are only N-T transactions (i.e. all transactions have N-T as their tax code) then that selected option will not impact the GST or BAS reports.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

JHopwood
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: N-T general journal not showing on GST reports

Great- thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post