tbutl59
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

ONline BAS and ABN Branch

Morning,

I am trying to set up Online BAS lodgement however It keeps asking for the ABN Branch number. I am a sole trader and have no other branches.

I have checked my compnay file and it has been blank since day one, I have also logged into my AUSKEY and looked around but not sure what the next step should be.

4 REPLIES
Contributing Cover User tbutl59
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tbutl59
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ABN Branch

How does a sole trader deal with this error with trying to set up BAS online?

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Re: ONline BAS and ABN Branch

Hi @tbutl59

My understanding if you don't have ABN branch and it is prompting you to enter one, go to Setup>>Company Information in your AccountRight company file and enter a 1 in the A.B.N Branch field.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Contributing Cover User tbutl59
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
tbutl59
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for the feedback. I originally put 1 into the branch section (I am only a small business), however I rang the ATO to find out that I actually needed to put 2. Anyway all sorted.

Another question if it's OK. I hit company audtor while I was waiting and have found some errors that I would like to correct. I have attached screen shots of them and hoping you may have an answer.

As mentioned, I'm not an accountant and pretty much am self taught. Each new thing I hve to do, I google or come to this forum.

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
22,977 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

22977Posts

2609Kudos

3279Solutions

Hi @tbutl59

Great to hear that you have managed to get it resolved.

The Company Data Auditor is a tool that runs a series of checks and scans on the data to ensure the accuracy of the records in the company file. It can be run via Accounts>>Company Data Auditor.

A few of the scans in the Company Data Auditor are just alerting you to the fact that you have these and should check out the transactions to ensure they are correct. For example, the Scan for future-dated transactions, this process is merely taking the end date and checking for transactions dated after that date, it doesn't know if they are entered wrongly or rightly its just alerting you to the fact that they exist and should be reviewed.

In terms of the reports/scans you have raised the Tax Code Exception report basically is checking the default tax code against the entered (on the transaction) tax code. In this case, it is end of year adjustment transactions caused by financial year rollovers and reversal of these. As these are system end of year adjustments I would not worry about them and this mark in the Company Data Auditor.

The Tax Code Reconciliation Exceptions report will compare the balance of your linked GST account and the 'expected' balance of that account based on the transactions. If you do have an out of balance Help Article: Out of Balance in Tax/GST Information reconciliation reports would be what I would recommend reviewing.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post