Offline access

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Offline access

My AR files are offline but I need to give access to my accountant to do EOFY. Is this possible using offline files????

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator
36,626 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,626Posts

4,973Kudos

5,357Solutions

Re: Offline access

Hi @leanne4 

If the Accountant is onsite or will be, you could just get log them into the company file and then they will have the necessary access.

If they are not onsite, you could look at providing them with a copy of the company file in the form of a backup. They would need to restore that file at their end, this will allow them to work on the file. However, care should be taken if you are going to provide a backup, as transactions or changes they make at their end will not update in your copy of the company file. So you could stop working on the company file while it with the accountants OR speak to the accountant and ensure that they pass across any transactions that need to be changed or entered so that you can enter them into your copy of the company file (which will be the current file).

Alternatively, you could look at uploading the company file to the cloud. This way you and the accountant can work on the company file at the same time. Note: An AccountRight Live Subscription is required per file if you do decide to upload those files.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I will provide him with backups. But I have 3 company files so what does he need to purchase at his end so he can view all 3 

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
36,626 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

36,626Posts

4,973Kudos

5,357Solutions

Hi @leanne4 

If they don't have access to the same version of the product that you are using one can be downloaded and installed using the MYOB Software Downloads page.

As the company files should be licenced under your serial number i.e. your serial number is set up in the files within Setup>>Company Information, there would be no requirement for that other user to purchase the product.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post