Purchases that are GST free & GST from a supplier who is not registered for GST

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ToniM1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Purchases that are GST free & GST from a supplier who is not registered for GST

Hi,

I think I'm overthinking in the following scenario and would appreciate any guidance and clarification.

• Coffee Van that is registered for GST & PAYG Withholding has just been purchased from the previous owner, who was not registered for GST.
  • The new owner has purchased stock, to the value of $500 for coffee (Free) $150; milk (Free) $50; softdrinks (GST) $120 and snacks (GST) $180
  • When I record the invoice from the previous owner (who I set up as a supplier as GNR), do I enter all the items as GNR or enter them as their correct tax codes, i.e. Free or GST?

I just want to make sure that I'm doing it correctly.

Thanks in advance

ToniM1

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Purchases that are GST free & GST from a supplier who is not registered for GST

Hi @ToniM1 

Thanks for your post. As we're not accountants or tax advisors we're not permitted to advise on which tax code to allocate to transactions so you will need to check with your accountant or the ATO. 

Please don't hesitate to post again if you need help with your software.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post