MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
GinaWest_65
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
GinaWest_65
Cover User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

I have to amend a BAS statement which I have already lodged. I select the period which is my current period only due 23rd September and choose revise. I correct it. However when I have to lodge it again it says that the ATO has not validated it and wont allow me to re lodge.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
24,683 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

24683Posts

2800Kudos

3581Solutions

Re: Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

Hi @GinaWest_65

I'm sorry to see that no one has offered their assistance in regards to your enquiry

Validation of an online activity statement will go through a quick check to ensure that you have entered the mandatory information and the formatting is correct. 

If there are errors you would generally have a green notification that appears indicating that validation was successful.

If there are errors you tend to get a red notification that the ATO has not passed validation on the return. When that does happen, I would try it once again at a later stage - sometimes there the ATO experience brief outages and trying again a later stage would be your best workaround. If it still is not validating, generally the red notification will have a second line which would outlined why it has not validated - we would need this one to investigate further. 

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner DuncanS
1,576 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
DuncanS
Ultimate Partner

1576Posts

1277Kudos

143Solutions

Re: Re lodge your BAS activity statements online

@GinaWest_65 @Steven_M

Gina,

Thank you for your post.

I lodge BAS/IAS for clients via the Tax Agent Portal.

Some clients lodge a BAS/IAS via the Business Portal.

No verification has been required in the past.

The ATO advised in their September 2017 Webcast that about 30% of Tax Returns are being lodged using PLS. PLS will be compulsory for all Tax Returns in the near future.

The ATO advised that they are working on a new Portal and will make it available for use around April 2018.

Steven, can you confirm that MYOB software uses PLS to lodge BAS/IAS and that verification is required.

Gina, once again thank you for your post.

The world of accounting is changing fast.

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E expressgst@optusnet.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post