Taxable payments annual reports contain contractors' bank account details

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ConnieChen
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Taxable payments annual reports contain contractors' bank account details

To whom it may concern,

We opened the TPAR files with WORD which are the ones to be submitted to ATO. We found subcontractors' bank details have been shown in the reports (in the rows where the reporting payments and GST are). I have checked ATO website and contractors' bank details are not required to report to ATO. 

Please advise if this is an error and how to remove these bank details from the reports.

Thanks!

Connie

2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Taxable payments annual reports contain contractors' bank account details

Hello @ConnieChen 

I found on the ATO website that additional information may be required of some reports. "Depending on whether you lodge the paper form or lodge online, we may ask you to include additional information where it is known to you. This additional information may include the contractor’s phone number, email address and bank account details (where they are paid by electronic bank transfer).Therefore, the software would pick that up and include the information in your report. I ran a report in my software to check for a contractor paid via electronic bank transfer and it did pull the account information into the report.

Generally speaking it is not advised to open the TPAR once it has been produced, as doing so can in some cases muddle the information. Could you confirm that you followed all instructions outlined here and saved the report as indicated? And if you go through the process again but on Step 4 click 'View Taxable Payments Report,' do you see the report displaying properly? If so, I do suggest downloading the report and lodging it directly without opening it in another application.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

MicrosoftTeams-image (8).png
ConnieChen
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Taxable payments annual reports contain contractors' bank account details

Hi Emliy,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. I will follow the MYOB instructions.  

Kind regards,

Connie

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post