Why are BASLINK settings saved locally?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

461Posts

220Kudos

4Solutions

Why are BASLINK settings saved locally?

Why are the baslink settings saved locally even for an online file? If I make changes to the settings on my computer, does my colleague have to make the same changes on theirs? That's what it sounds like (such as adding new payroll categories).

I've always been the only person needing access to it but I'm now sharing the role with someone else and either of us could be the one responsible for the BAS/IAS on any given month. I've copied my settings to her new computer today but I'm unsure how this will work going forward to minimise the risk of mistakes.

1 REPLY 1
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Why are BASLINK settings saved locally?

Hi @H-TS 

You are correct that the classic BASlink setup template is saved to the local computer and can be transferred to another computer. This BASlink FAQs help page explains more on how to use BASlink on multiple computers.

Having said that, since the computer file is online, I'd suggest looking into Simpler BAS reporting where the settings are done online. You can also use the browser version of AccountRight to lodge activity statements, it's all done online as well.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post