reconciliation gone crazy

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nicole7247
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

reconciliation gone crazy

I have reconciled for January - printed a report, all good. The opening balance, total credits, total debits and Closing balance on my bank statements match the last reconciled balance, cleared deposits, cleared cheques and expected balance on statement of my report.

I am now trying to reconcile for February.  The last reconciled balance is now showing as a different amount, up by $110.26, my cleared deposits are correct, my withdrawals are up by $110.26, my expected balance on statement is correct.  When I check the transactions, two old transactions are showing, one from November (it appears in the November reconciliation as having been paid and reconciled), one from January (it appears in the January reconciliaton as having been paid and reconciled).

Do I have to undo several reconciliations to make this all accurate, or am I better off to just reconcile with those figures and make a note that the computer has glitched?  I think if I reconcile then the two old transactions will be cleared and March should be a back to normal reconciliation.

Is there any other way to fix this, rather than undo three months of reconciliation? 

1 REPLY 1
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,047Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: reconciliation gone crazy

@nicole7247 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Normally for older trasaction to be showing up then someone has opend and modified those transactions in some way.

I would enter the closing balance for January and the date of the last reconciliation, tick off the old transaction and see if that then reconciles. If it does then just reconcile and procede as normal.

If not then you will need to unreconcile back to where those entries are and find out why they don't reconcile before you move on.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post