Deleting old Job code with linked transactions

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MooCow
Contributing Partner
6 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Deleting old Job code with linked transactions

I am trying to delete over 200 old job codes in an accountright file so the file can be converted to another software platform.  For many dating back to 2011 I cannot delete the job code as "the job has linked transactions to it".  Any idea how to override this.  There have been some job codes where there was a warning that the code was allocation to a transaction but it still allowed me to delete the job code.  Obviously  linking is different to coding with a job code.  Just inactiving the code is not enough to allow conversion to another software.  It is so time consuming going into each job code to see if I can delete it.  Any suggestions welcome.  Thank you

Megan Hale
Moo Cow Enterprises
Bookkeeping Services
BAS Agent: 92805 001
www.moocowenterprises.com.au
1 REPLY 1
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Deleting old Job code with linked transactions

Hi @MooCow 

Thank you for your post. When updating a lot of data in bulk it takes a lot of processing power to get through all the information and it can cause the software to time out.

As a workaround you could try updating it in smaller batches, for example just deleting 20 or 30 at a time. If that doesn't work you can also try to take a backup then restore it offline, attempt to make the changes offline, then upload it back online

If you are still not able to delete the jobs, could you please take a screenshot of the error message you receive along with the last 4 digits of your serial number in your reply?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post