Not able to Edit

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Rakia_Stokell
Experienced Partner
64 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

64Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Not able to Edit

Sales invoice entered in Browser MYOB is unable to be edited in the desktop version - not happy about this!

Is there somewhere that the default layout of sales invoice (service or items) can be put on the invoice screen instead of having to click the little cog to find it? All staff are just entering on the default screen and the invoices are coming through with the wrong layout/format.

Also just discovered that banking entries allocated in the browser version cannot be edited in the desktop version! What a nightmare! I work on desktop, some staff trialling browser, now I cannot fix entries without being logged into both at the same time. :-(

Regards,
Rakia Stokell
Timely Bookkeeping
Mob: 0418919210
rakia@timelybookkeeping.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Gold Partner
3 REPLIES 3
doublethought
9 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Not able to Edit

Hi @Rakia_Stokell thanks for adding to the discussion here.

Currently the only invoicing layouts available in the web browser are the services and services + items layouts. The 'services' invoice layout should work with no issues when you go back to AccountRight but the 'services + items' is a new hybrid layout that will work on the browser only.

Regarding setting the default, you can actually do this already, with those two invoice types as your options. If you use the dropdown in the top right where your business name is, you can navigate to 'Invoice and quote settings' where in the first tab, you can select your default.

With the banking entries, are you able to send me a private message with more details so that I can look into it for you? 

Thanks!
Vinny

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 8.51.11 am.png
Rakia_Stokell
Experienced Partner
64 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

64Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

Is this setting for the invoices a user-based setting, or a system-wide setting? We do use both types of invoices, but only 1 user needs to use the service layout invoices. And is that setting only for the browser login, or will it change the default on the desktop also?

I will see if I can figure out how to PM you re the bank transactions.

Regards,
Rakia Stokell
Timely Bookkeeping
Mob: 0418919210
rakia@timelybookkeeping.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Gold Partner
doublethought
9 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hey Rakia, the invoices settings are a system-wide setting, currently, there is no option to override for individual users. As the invoice types are different in the browser to the application, these preferences will differ depending on where you access the file (browser or AccountRight desktop). Hopefully that's a little clearer - I have sent a message back to you separately regarding the banking issue.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post