Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
In the intranet PDFs open in internet explorer. I want them to open in Adobe. How do I fix this??
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for your post - and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum!
Can you confirm what version of Windows you are using?
Are you sure its opening the files in Internet Explorer, and not Microsoft Edge? (the replacement for Internet Explorer in Windows 10).
what happens if you open a PDF (from say your desktop) - does it also open in IE/Edge?
We are using windows 7.
It is definitely opening in Internet Explorer.
If i open a PDF from desktop or anywhere else it opens in Adobe Reader. The only place we are having the problem is with AE intranet. When I added the documents to intranet they were in PDF format.
April 2016 - last edited April 2016
You can change the behaviour of Adobe Reader when dealing with internet based PDFs.
To change the setting, please do the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Select the cog in the top right hand corner to open the tools menu (you can also press ALT+T)
3. Select Manage Add-ons
4. In the Show drop down, change from "Currently loaded add-ons" to "All add-ons"
5. Browse down the list to Adobe PDF Reader, under the Adobe Systems, Incorporated header
6. Right-click on Adobe PDF Reader and select Disabled.
7. Click Close to close out of the add-ons window.
This should now stop PDFs from opening in Internet Explorer and force them to open in Adobe Reader. When you click on a PDF, Internet Explorer should prompt you to open or save the document.