Copy Portal message to Document Manager in AE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Brendan1968
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

18Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Copy Portal message to Document Manager in AE

Hi when I send a client his tax return on the Portal, I generally put a LOT of information in the message, you know, the arse-covering stuff I have to put in the letters nowadays to keep the accounting bodies and TPB happy.  I want to retain this in my document manager, but I cannot figure out how to do so.  Does anyone have any clues?????

2 REPLIES 2
nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Re: Copy Portal message to Document Manager in AE

Hi @Brendan1968 

The information you add to the description field, when you publish a document for signature is retained in the Portal task.  The task information can be reviewed at any time. 

If you wish to store this information in Document Manager (DM) you would need to manually  copy it from the Portal via Ctrl C and then create a filenote in DM and paste Ctrl V in the information.

Document Manager users also get a link created under their client in DM  which will open the signed portal document.   

Once the task has been approved and lodged (if required), site usually mark the Task Completed.  The Open task screen then only shows task that sites need to chase. 

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Samara_H
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Copy Portal message to Document Manager in AE

Definitely agree that this would be a useful function, but I dare say it won't be implemented given that MYOB will eventually move everything to a cloud-based solution, so we'll be able to see everything in the one spot then.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post