Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Duplicate Accounts in Client Accounting Reports Account Group

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Gel143
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Gel143
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Duplicate Accounts in Client Accounting Reports Account Group

Hi there!

I'm trying to generate the financial reports of my client via the Client Accounting>Reports function in AE.  And I noted a prompt box that says "The chart of accounts contains one or more accounts that are allocated to more than once account group. Do you want to continue?".

I then go to the Account groups and "Displayed duplicate accounts only".  I try to remove the duplicates one by one but everytime I click on "OK" and try to regenerate the financial reports.  It still shows that same prompt message and then the duplicate accounts are back.  I do the same process all over again but still the duplicate accounts still exist.  Is there any way that this can be solved?  I would very much appreciate all your help on this as it gets frustrating and consumes a lot of time.

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Staff Post Stephanie_Y
37 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Stephanie_Y
MYOB Staff Post

37Posts

5Kudos

3Solutions

Re: Duplicate Accounts in Client Accounting Reports Account Group

Hi @Gel143

Welcome to MYOB Community Forum!

Thank you for your post.

If the account code you are trying to delete is a client level customisation (blue symbol) what you can try is - right click on the folder the account code is in and select restore practice report settings and then select okay. This will restore everything in that folder back to master. 

If the account code you are trying to delete is at master level (red symbol), you may need to delete client level code first then try again by cutting and pasting the master code into the required folder.

If that doesn't resolve, you can also try to edit the account range to exclude the duplicate account code.

Account Ranges.PNG

Kind Regards,

Stephanie
Client Services Analyst - Practice Solutions
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post