Feenote: The Add Method or property is not available because the license has expired.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing User busbey
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Feenote: The Add Method or property is not available because the license has expired.

This message comes up randomly for different users at different times when previewing a MS Word document from AE and the only two things I could find was to close explorer preview or make sure MS office is licensed. I have checked both things out and re installed Office with no success. Does anyone know what FeeNote actually is? Is this an AE add-in? I can't see it anywhere as an installed program so I'm guessing at this point.

5 REPLIES 5
Super Partner Will_SolnX
763 Posts
Super Partner
New Zealand
Super Partner

763Posts

111Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Feenote: The Add Method or property is not available because the license has expired.

Hey @busbey,

Just thinking like a support person.

What's your version of MS Office?

Is Office installed at 32bit or 64bit?

What version of Accountants Office are you using?

Disclaimer: I just imagine this information is useful, it sounds like you've correctly identified that the problem is that Office isn't licensed correctly for the call coming from the "FeeNote" screen (which I'm guessing is what the screen in AE you're previewing the document is called).  But I've never used any of the Accountants Office/Enterprise range, and I don't even know what language they're written in so you only get really basic questions from me today, sorry.

Contributing User busbey
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Feenote: The Add Method or property is not available because the license has expired.

We are using Office 2016 x32 and AccountRight 2018

MYOB Staff Post kyla
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@busbey

Feenote indicates that the software is having a problem calling Word as bills/fees are produced via Microsoft Word templates which generate Word documents.

You will need to get your IT support involved to get to the bottom of this but generally it's caused when Word does not think that it's licenced properly i.e. has a trial licence.

The other thing to look at is add-ins in Word.  You may need to remove / disable the add-ins and then re-enable them one at a time.

I've included a link to an article I found online which might help point your tech on other things to check:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14328/~/error%3A-the-add-method-or-property-is-not-availab...

Once these have been checked out please contact support on 1300 555 666 and select options 2 2 2 4 if you require further assistance.

cheers,

Kym
Practice Solutions Client Services Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Contributing User busbey
8 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I've had a look at the MS Office licensing it's running in shared activation/license mode because it's on a terminal server. Everything is activated and I've tried the old sign-out/sign in but am still having random occurances from different users at different times.

I'd like to be able to try disabling one add-in at a time but because this is random and happens to different people I can't disable all add-in's for someone and leave it for a week while waiting for the problem to return.

Does anyone know if 'MYOB Document Manager Word Add-In' is what FeeNote actually is? Does anyone know where I could get an update for 'MYOB Document Manager Word Add-In'?

Highlighted
MYOB Staff Post kyla
25 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

25Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

@busbey

You will have the Document Manager add-in when you have Document Manager installed.  This allows you to save and profile Misrosoft office documents into Document Manager and should not be removed.

You will need to contact support on 1300 555 666 and select option 2 2 2 4 for further assistance.

cheers,

Kym
Practice Solutions Client Services Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post