MYOB AE Tax 2018 - V17 Mandatory Tag & Value Not Present Family Name (Front Cover)

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BernieCPG
2 Posts
User
Australia

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB AE Tax 2018 - V17 Mandatory Tag & Value Not Present Family Name (Front Cover)

Hi all

I am having an issue with AE Tax 2018 when completing an individual tax return, it results in a v error: "V17 Mandatory Tag & Value Not Present Family Name (Front Cover)" when all the required fields have been correctly completed.

Please advise.

Regards

Bernie

4 REPLIES 4
Partner peterearp
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AE Tax 2018 - V17 Mandatory Tag & Value Not Present Family Name (Front Cover)

We are also receiving this V message for individual returns in AE Tax 2018, have not found a solution yet. 

MYOB Staff MatS
4 Posts
MYOB Staff
Australia
MYOB Staff

4Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AE Tax 2018 - V17 Mandatory Tag & Value Not Present Family Name (Front Cover)

Hi @BernieCPG

Welcome to the Community Forum!

We have seen a number of clients experience the V17 error after upgrading to version 2018.0 and we are looking into it.
For a workaround refer to KB 2017 & 2018: V17 - Mandatory tag value not present

Thanks,
Maddi

MYOB Staff Post James_R
7 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
MYOB Staff Post

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Bernie, 

Welcome to the community forum! We hope you find it a useful source of information. 

We are aware of the error appearing for 2017 and 2018 Individual Returns and are currently working on a fix.

A workaround that we have is to close the return.

- Open the client's page in AE/AO, click on 'Edit Client Details' on the left, and modify the lastname (eg. add a 1 to the name).

- Open the return from the tax returns page in AE/AO, then close the return.

- Open the client's page in AE/AO, click on 'Edit Client Details' on the left, and modify the lastname back to the original. 

- Open the return again and click F3 to validate and the error will be removed. 

More information can be found by visiting the Knowledgebase Article KB0022111 - 2017 & 2018: V17 - Mandatory tag value not present

Kind Regards,

James
Practice Support Analyst
Practice Solutions
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Partner leififi
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am also having this problem and it is affecting more than one return.  I have followed the above knowledge base article and it apparently does not fix the problem for me.  It seems that there are quite a few people suffering from this problem.  Any news on when it might be fixed properly?

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post