MYOB AE accounts and business schedule. HELP!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Contributing User MX
11 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

MYOB AE accounts and business schedule. HELP!

I usually use accounts to do sole trader's business and then import accounts to business items. When I opened a client's previous tax returns (2014 & 2013), I accidentally clicked the business schedule and then all records of the business parts are gone! I think the schedule might override the accounts. These tax returns have been lodged!
What can I do to get all figures back for 2013 and 2014 tax??
4 REPLIES 4
Contributing User MX
11 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB AE accounts and business schedule. HELP!

Anyone knows? thank you!
Former Staff Esbisme
216 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

216Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @MX

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum and thank you for posting your query here.

When a return holds the status of lodged and you have data input into the business schedule which is different to the values appearing in the body of the return at Item P8, if you open the business schedule and then exit out of it - the data that was initially represented in the front of the return at Item P8 will be replaced.

If you import your data from Accounts this will occur because when you import your Accounts data into the tax return, it populates only into the main part of the tax return at the required item - it will not populate the business schedule behind Item P8 because this schedule is not a mandatory requirement of the ATO at this time. With respect to Item P8 when lodging the return only what appears in the main part of Item P8 will be transmitted to the ATO via ELS.

Therefore if the business schedule is opened and closed it will overwrite the values appearing in the body of the return.

To get the values you originally had into the tax return, you will need select one of the following options.

If Importing from Accounts.

1. Open the return
  2. Update the lodgement status manually to "In Progress". Refer to KB 29239: How do I change the status of a tax return or form?
  3. If you don't need to have the business schedule - delete this schedule, refer to KB 29639:  How do I delete a schedule or form?
  4. Import the data from Accounts again for that year.
  5. Update the lodgement status manually to "Lodged".

If not Importing from Accounts.

1. Open the return
  2. Update the lodgement status manually to "In Progress". Refer to KB 29239: How do I change the status of a tax return or form?
  3. If you don't need to have the business schedule - delete this schedule, refer to KB 29639:  How do I delete a schedule or form?
  4. Manually enter the data for Item P8 again using a printout as a reference, for that year.
  5. Update the lodgement status manually to "Lodged".

I hope that this information has helped.

Cheers,

Esther
Practice Solutions - Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Former Staff Esbisme
216 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

216Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @MX

Thanks for your patience.

It was a question that had a detailed answer - so we apologise for not having responded sooner but thank you very very much for your patience.

We hope that the information previously provided will help.

Cheers,

Esther
Practice Solutions - Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Contributing User MX
11 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Esther,

Thank you so much! I will do that!
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post