MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB Portal - resources and discussion

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Former Staff AlistairNestor
35 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
AlistairNestor
Former Staff

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Portal - resources and discussion

Using MYOB Portal in your practice software? Want to find out more about how it works? Looking for tips and tricks to save you even more time? Read on.

ABOUT MYOB PORTAL

MYOB Portal is for users of MYOB AO and AE. It’s a collaboration portal that allows you to work more closely with your clients direct from your practice software.

HANDY LINKS

MYOB Portal sign up webpage - this provides an overview of MYOB Portal. It’s the dedicated page on the MYOB website.

The Savvy Accountant Rob Cameron interview - this is an interview with MYOB Platform Strategy Manager Rob Cameron about the origin of MYOB Portal and why it was developed.

Getting to know the MYOB Portal - A blog post introducing the launch of MYOB Portal.

HOW DOES THIS THREAD WORK?

MYOB Portal will continue to grow in functionality with new features added every fortnight. We’d love your input into what we should build next, so please share your thoughts in this thread.

Ask any questions you have about MYOB Portal by clicking REPLY below. There are plenty of MYOB folk lurking here who will see your question and respond as quickly as possible.

More importantly, there are also loads of brilliant beta testers - accountants just like you - who’ve been helping us with MYOB Portal since the beginning. They’re the brave folk who have tested, learnt, trialled, argued and made MYOB Portal what it is today. Without them, this service would not exist. They will also respond to any questions you may have.

I’ll add to this post as more resources and information appears. I’m really looking forward to your contributions!

29 REPLIES 29
Former Staff AlistairNestor
35 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
AlistairNestor
Former Staff

35Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Portal - resources and discussion

Got a couple of spare minutes? here's a snappy interview with Product Manager Lisa Miks about MYOB Portal. Turn your speakers up.

Goldspink
3 Posts
Cover User
Goldspink
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We would like to use the portal for sending documents requiring signatures in respect to all Australian Securities and Investments Commision matters.  As with the ATO, will MYOB be setting up agreements with ASIC to accept digital signatures on all documentation (i.e. form 362, 484, minutes etc)?

MYOB Staff Post Lisa_Miks
64 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
Lisa_Miks
MYOB Staff Post

64Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Absolutely! We currently have the ATO's confirmation that they will accept our digitally signed documents and are working with ASIC to ensure the same. Stay tuned. 

Lisa Miks
Product Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Contributing Cover User NatalieBML
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
NatalieBML
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

How does the tracking work? If I send a client something via the portal will I get an email response when they respond?

Also, what is the difference between a client and a user? Is the client just linking to the client profile in AE and the user is the client's email address?

Also how do I delete a test portal that I setup previously?

I just sent my first client their 2015 income tax return to sign electronically and they tell me they cannot click on sign document!!!

MYOB Staff Post kostasmarkou
107 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
kostasmarkou
MYOB Staff Post

107Posts

2Kudos

8Solutions

Hi Natalie,

Many thanks for your queries. I will look at answering each of them.

If you Publish a document to a portal, you can select to notify one or more of the end users attached to that portal of the document, or you can request electronic approval of the document from one or more of the end users attached to that portal.

If you have published a document requiring electronic approval, once the document is approved by all parties an email will be sent back to the employee who published the document advising that the document has been approved.

Any comments added to the task by any end user will also notify the publisher via email.

Client vs end user?
We understand that your clients are all clients however for the purpose of the portal we segregate your AE/AO clients in our software that have a client code as clients and the individual persons you invite to each portal via email address as end users.

Deleting Portals.
At this stage there is no ability to delete a portal. Our development team are always working on new product features and I have added this to their list of future enhancements for consideration.

Document Electronic Approvals.
When you publish a document to a portal the practice has the option to flag for electronic approval from one or more end users. If you elect to have a document electronically approved by an end user - they receive an email advising that there is a document awaiting approval.

When the end user logs into the portal they will be taken to the tasks tab or to the task itself requiring approval.

From the task page they have a few options;

a) Click on a link to view the document.
b) Click the Approve option.
c) Click on the Reject option (they must leave a comment).
d) Add a comment to the task.

The option to approve a document is not actually in the document itself, as it is an option in the Task attached to that document.

Kostas
Solutions Architect
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Contributing Cover User NatalieBML
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
NatalieBML
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

thank you for your response. My client advised that they could see the"Authorise button" but it was greyed out and they could not select it.

107 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
kostasmarkou
MYOB Staff Post

107Posts

2Kudos

8Solutions

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the oppoortunity is speaking with me today. As you saw the option to approve a document has come up on your test Portal while using your non practice  email address. 

Please take a look through the following link that has some FAQ's with regards to the browser settings that may need to be checked as discussed on the phone.

http://adhelp.myob.com/ONLINE/SME/index.htm#page/SME_Portal/FAQ.htm

FAQ

How to enable cookies

How to enable JavaScript

How to disable your pop-up blocker

Kostas
Solutions Architect
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Partner CoralOP
1 Post
Partner
CoralOP
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi

I am a wee bit confused - when a client uploads a document which is not responding to a task - who gets the email to advise that a document has been uploaded? 

In additions to all the items others have asked for (which we would like) is it possible to have a date range added to the filter?

Thanks

107 Posts
MYOB Staff Post
Australia
kostasmarkou
MYOB Staff Post

107Posts

2Kudos

8Solutions

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your query.

As a rule the original creator of the Portal will receive notification emails when a client uploads documents not attached to an already existing task.

The employee that creates a task requesting electronic approval will receive notification once all end users that have been requested to sign/approve the document (s) have completed the approval process.

I also thankyou for your request to add a date range to the filter area. I will forward that suggestion to our product development team for consideration to their future product roadmap.
Kostas
Solutions Architect
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post