MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

MYOB log-in for sole practitioner

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing User oldfellamcg
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
oldfellamcg
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB log-in for sole practitioner

I am a sole practitioner. Since the start of the new log-in procedures, I now have extra entry requirements to go through before getting to the "start line". As I am the ONLY person using the software, I strongly believe that this new log-in procedure is unnecessary, in my situation. Surely there can be a simple choice to be made to use the additional log-in procedure for whatever reason you have to use it, or select not to use it if individual circumstances warrant its non-use.

It may be only a few extra keystrokes, an extra minute here or there, but it is still unnecessary and time consuming.

Am I alone here, or do others share this opinion??

3 REPLIES 3
MYOB Moderator Linda_K
257 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
Linda_K
MYOB Moderator

257Posts

17Kudos

55Solutions

Re: MYOB log-in for sole practitioner

Hi @oldfellamcg

Thank you for your post – I hope that you find the MYOB Community Forum a valuable resource.

Sorry to hear about your experience using the MYOB Login. 

The MYOB Login process is designed to simplify the way you access your MYOB data by cutting down the number of usernames and passwords you need to remember.

When you login MYOB AE it remembers your username, however it will require you to enter your password.  Just like using internet banking or accessing any other information online data, we believe your MYOB data should be treated with the same level of privacy.  We understanding your MYOB data contains sensitive client data and we would not want this compromised.  Therefore entering a password is required.

I know this doesn’t solve your issue directly, but I hope it gives you an understanding as you why we have these processes.

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Contributing User oldfellamcg
10 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
oldfellamcg
Contributing User

10Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the reply.

I do understand the reasons. However, when going through that process ADDS work before starting, it seems to me that is unnecessary. I still believe that, where applicable, there should be a bypass option available for selection by the individual practice.

I certainly would choose that option as it would REDUCE the time factor and increase my productivity. (It was possible in the past, so why remove it when the feature is being used by some???)

Regards

Colin

Contributing Cover User Travis_vdS
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Travis_vdS
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your comments. I work with a bunch of accounting firms so I was interested to hear your point of view. I can agree that it might take a couple of seconds longer to log into the software with an email username and password however I think that the benefits of a unique login far outweigh the costs of those couple of seconds.

I had a look at your account and see you use our Client Accounting and Tax modules and also note that you came along to our recent roadshow in Adelaide. I am guessing that some of your clients use or take advantage of our SME software (AccountRight, Essentials Accounting, Essentials Cashbook, BankLink) too.

At the Roadshow, you would have seen the extension of the current AE and AO product suites into the cloud to give accountants access to a the first of many great new features including upcoming release of MYOB’s new:

• Portal
      • Simple for your SME clients to use – Mobile & Task orientated
      • Document delivery & digital signatures
      • Practice branding
    • Ledger | Online Practice GL
      • Long term replacement for our MAS, Accounts & AO Classic GL’s
      • new Statutory Reporting tool
      • new Online Assets tool
    • Accounting dashboard
      • improved integration between MYOB’s practice solutions and range of business solutions
      • access and work on all of your client MYOB files directly from your practice software without having to log into multiple websites and remember multiple passwords
      • view vital "health check" info from the dashboard including # of uncoded transactions & last bank reconciliation date

We are including these new products (and their support) in the maintenance agreement that you already have with us so there is no further investment required on your part.

MYOB are a technology company and it's our goal (and responsibility) to provide solutions that help you to run your practice and your clients to run their businesses. Therefore, through our partnerships with you and firms just like yours it's imperative that we continue to deliver value to you and deliver "live" solutions in this rapidly changing landscape.

Anyhow, if you (or anyone else) wanted to take another look at the new features and product roadmaps in both the MYOB business and practice solutions, here’s the link for the Roadshow Web Cast from earlier this month:

http://myob.com.au/myob/accountants/roadshow-2015-1257833221982

Feel free to contact your dedicated MYOB Client Manager or MYOB Support to discuss any queries you may have in regards to your MYOB AE Practice Software.

Similarly your dedicated MYOB Partner Manager can assist with any queries in regards to the MYOB Business/SME software range.

Regards,

Travis

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post