Need to amend MYOB AE client code

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JoannaHD
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Need to amend MYOB AE client code

Hello

Could somebody please tell me how to amend a client code in MYOB Accountants Enterprise?

We have 6 large entities which used to be owned by a partnership, but are now owned by just one of the partners.  Unfortunately the code was set up under the first three letters of the other partner's surname.  The remaining partner would like this changed.

The area of the client code is greyed out so we are unable to do it.  I understand this is not normally done but this situation is a one-off.

The entities include companies, trusts and trustee companies.  There are of course financial statements, BASs and tax returns involved as well as thousands of documents saved in MYOB AE Document Manager.  We would also then need the code changed in MYOB AE and MYOB AE system release so that there are no errors for this very important client.

If this is not possible can we do something such as set up new codes for all the entities and then transfer the accounting, tax and document information over?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.  If easier over the phone my number is 03 9654 2022.

Kind regards

Joanna

3 REPLIES 3
RPD
Trusted Partner
192 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

192Posts

5Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Need to amend MYOB AE client code

From what I understand, this is not possible.

I wish it was and will be following any other replies.

Salisbury CA
DavidMcG
Partner
5 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

You cannot edit the code ont eh main details tab, as you mentioned it is greyed out, however if you select "Edit client detail" from the task bar on the side and you can change the code in the pop up winwdon. See the screenshot below, you can see it was originally DUMMYSF1 and we changed to DUMMYSF (without the 1)

Edit Capture.JPG

What you then need to do it change the properties of the tax return to the same code. The client code will have updated to the new code but the return code needs to be updated. Likewise you may need to update the PDF password.

The one thing you cannot do is change the return code for any returns that are completed (but if you uncompletely them you can change it), you cannot change any that are lodged. 

tax Capture.JPG

I hope this helps

Regards

David

Jacksen
Valued User
63 Posts
Valued User
Australia
Valued User

63Posts

30Kudos

11Solutions

Hello,

We have wanted to do this a few times when in a similar situation...

https://community.myob.com/t5/Accountants-Enterprise/ADMIN-question-change-client-codes/m-p/368501/h...

It seems to depend on the MYOB products you have.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post