MYOBCommunity
Partner Zone
|
|
Partner Zone

What is 'RecycleBin' under appdata\roaming

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Faker
1 Post
User
Australia
Faker
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

What is 'RecycleBin' under appdata\roaming

Hi I am looking to implementing roaming profiles in our domain and I was going through users appdata folders to see the size of their roaming folder.

I have found that a lot of users have generally quite small roaming folders however they all have one folder that is 300-600mb and that is under:

appdata\roaming\pdf manager\recyclebin

Can anyone explain to me what this folder is used for as it contains probably 100s of pdf documents and it will cause issues with roaming profiles as it's a large folder.

Is this something I can remove? since the folder name is recyclebin i hope it's junk.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Partner SB_Systems
93 Posts
Partner
Australia
SB_Systems
Partner

93Posts

68Kudos

13Solutions

Re: What is 'RecycleBin' under appdata\roaming

Hi Faker,

The Recycle Bin folder stores all of the deleted PDFs and PDFs filed with "Save With". Generally speaking they can be safely deleted. Having said that, as a standard we setup roaming profiles for all clients, but we also redirect all of the main folders within the profile to a file share. ie: AppData, Documents, Desktop, etc..

We also usually setup a logoff script through group policy to clean up the folders. Just make sure you configure the group policy against the user account OU and to run under the current user context. For example the script would contain:

DEL %APPDATA%\PDF Manager\RecycleBin\*.* /Q

I hope that helps.

Stewart Williams

Smart Business Systems

1300 798 717

Stewart Williams
Smart Business Systems
1300 798 717 | www.sbsystems.com.au

Please remember to give Kudos if someone has helped resolve your problem.
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post