AE 2021.2 Software Install Issues

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
MHunter
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

AE 2021.2 Software Install Issues

Hi,

I have tried to install AE 2021.2 twice now, and it all appears to be installing right on the screen, even came up with Install Wizard successfully completed message at the end, and that it will automatically update on workstations when they are first opened next.  But it isn't installing.  

And after the install, we have errors downloading prefills.  I spoke to a helpful person at MYOB on Friday who fixed this download error.  However i tried to install the software update this morning, and now the prefills aren't working again.  Anyone else having issues?

8 REPLIES 8
Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

282Posts

33Kudos

26Solutions

Re: AE 2021.2 Software Install Issues

Hi @MHunter 

Not sure from your post whether the workstation install program has run successfully on the workstation.  Assuming that the server software installed correctly the next key item to anything working as it should with AE, is the workstation install due to the fact that most of the server install files are copied to the workstation to assist with the application running faster.

If for some reason the workstation install is not triggering on each workstation then the best bet is to run the installer manually.  You will find the setup program under the workstaioninstall directory which in most cases is within the AESQL folder on the server.

Trevor
MHunter
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for your reply, 

Sorry yes on the server it appears to be installing correctly, but on individual workstations it isn;t.  I did look at the manual install, however the date of that file was 2021, not a current date?  is that correct?  

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
282 Posts
Super Partner
Australia
Super Partner

282Posts

33Kudos

26Solutions

Hi @MHunter 

That does appear to be a problem.  I would have expected the setup.exe file to have the same modified date as the date you installed the update.

I wonder if you are looking at an old workstation install location.  Over the years the location of these files have changed.

the workstaioninstall directory should be in the same place as the central and tax (or Sol64) directory.  I would expect this to be on a server mapped drive.

Trevor
MHunter
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Trevor, yes i agree hence i didn't do the manual install.  I will put a call into MYOB later today. 

Carr-Barnett-AS
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi. You haven't address the problem of the ATO Prefill's not downloading in your reply.
We have just done the new update and now our prefill's won't download either.

MHunter
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

hI @Carr-Barnett-AS 

We have the same error message "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I will put a call through to MYOB later in the week, waiting for a quieter time when it doesn't effect other staff members having to be out of their computers.  

Jacksen
Valued User
63 Posts
Valued User
Australia
Valued User

63Posts

30Kudos

11Solutions

Hey mate, did you get a resolution for this error?

I got this:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MYOB\SBRSender\Server\Service\VPMSER\MYOB.AF.Core.BusinessLogic.dll' because it is being used by another process.

Followed by this(after restarting the SBR service):

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

FYI your image seems to show the entities name at the top.

Carr-Barnett-AS
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

20Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi.

Yes problem fixed. I had restarted the SBR Sender Server multiple times and it wouldn't fix the problem. MYOB logs in and does it, and it fixed the problem.
Re the name, I had one pic without and I attached the wrong one, and I wasn't able to delete it.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post