Client Portal - Contributors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
melissapgp
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Client Portal - Contributors

Hi MYOB,

We have many clients who have bookkeepers that pay the BAS on the behalf of clients. When emailing a BAS we would send to the client and CC the bokkeepper. The client signs the BAS, done. Everyone communicated to that needs to be.

The Client Portal doesn't seem to have the function of the client approving and the bookkeeper just viewing the documents. The Client Portal wants the Client and Bookkeepper to sign which is really annoying. We have added bookkeepers as contributors but the Client Portal still wants the bookkeeper to sign. Very annoying for a client to have to wait for their bookkeeper to sign before we can lodge a BAS.

Are we missing something? Can we send to client to sign and a bookkeepper just to view?

If it is possible can you please send instructions of where we are going wrong.

Kind Regards,

Melissa

6 REPLIES 6
nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Client Portal - Contributors

Hi @melissapgp 

It is possible to add a contributor to a document they don't need to sign.  This is done after the document has been published.    If you select them during the publishing process you are requesting they also sign the document. 

Once the document/s has been published, go to the Documents tab in the portal.  You will be able to see the last documents published at the top of the list.  You can also filter by client if there are too many documents.  Locate the document to share and click on the ellipse at the end of the row and select Share with Contributor.  Select the contributor.  They will receive an email about the document.   

If you wish to unshare a document you go through the same process and untick the contributor. 

cheers,

Nicky
Practice Solutions Product Analyst
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
melissapgp
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nicky,

Thank you very much for that, so helpful! I did a test run to make sure I understood what you were saying and it worked.

Is it possible to share a Task rather than just a singular Document? I wrote a nice little description and published 4 documents for the particular situation I'm thinking of.

I might need to rethink how I send Tasks.

Kind Regards,

Melissa Brown

nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @melissapgp 

It is not possible to share Tasks.    Users in a portal can see their own and other users tasks so usually not required. 

The Contributors option has been designed so they only see documents shared with them.  They can't see any tasks.

An enhancement request has been logged requesting users be allowed to select contributors for viewing only at time of publishing.  This may be available in a future release.

cheers,

Nicky
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
melissapgp
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nicky,

I would love that enhancement request. Put it to the top of the whiteboard!

Thank you so much for your help and clarification.

Kind Regards,

Melissa

melissapgp
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Nicky,

Sorry one more question. So only the person/s singing is sent an email that there is a new task. Other user will not been sent an email.

I've been doing a few test runs.

nickypic
103 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

103Posts

0Kudos

13Solutions

Hi @melissapgp 

Yes that is correct.  Only the person requested to sign the document will be sent an email. 

All users in the portal will be able to see this information if they login to the portal. 

cheers,

Nicky
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post