Partner Zone

How do I save one entry with multiple clients?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Nag
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

How do I save one entry with multiple clients?

In Profiles I was able to record details of a phone call or meeting and save it with multiple clients. Once details were recorded with one client there was a drop down list showing all associated entities that could then be selected and the details were automatically linked to the other entities.

Since 'upgrading' to the latest AE I can not find any way to save details with multiple clients. Is there a way (without copying and pasting) to do the same thing?

4 REPLIES 4
Linda_K
257 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

257Posts

0Kudos

55Solutions

Re: How do I save one entry with multiple clients?

Hi @Nag,

Thank you for query, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum – we hope you find it a valuable resource.

At this stage, MYOB AE Practice Manager only has the ability create and save a To Do (Phone Call) against one client at one time.

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
Nag
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Why would MYOB take away such a useful feature?

When will MYOB be addressing this issue?

This is a feature that I have had access to for the last 15+ years and use every day.

This is a major backward step and is becoming very time consuming having to copy and paste entries with multiple clients. 

Will this be rectified in the near future?

Nag
Experienced Partner
26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

26Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I have received an email today asking if using the forum has resolved my problem - maybe you shouldn't have asked because the answer is a big fat NO. I was going to let it rest but now that you have asked I am happy to tell you - time for a rant.

It has not resolved the problem unless MYOB has plans to reintroduce the functionality that I have lost since moving from Profiles to MYOB AE Practice Manager.

There are multiple areas of functionality that have been lost since being forced to move to this version.

The ability to save the details of one phone call or meeting is only one of many features that has been lost. There is the need to do multiple copy and pastes to record a simple meeting that previously was just a case of selecting the associated entities from a drop down list and additional unassociated entities could also be selected.

I no longer have the ability to use the Save With Contact feature without having to first do a search for the client (even though I have created a letter using Tax Letters within a client), I then have to do a second search to allocate the file to an assignment whereas previously I just had to select from an existng list and the software recognised what client I was in.

Every piece of correspondence is initially recorded as not started and has to be marked as complete to avoid it coming up on the to do list. No one has been able to explain to me the concept of 'to dos'. Once I have recorded the correspondence in or out, or the phone call my job is done - there is nothing else to do. Why can't this be defaulted to complete. Just more work every day.

Entries are no longer recorded in time order. If I make 5 or 6 entries on one date they are filed in random order. There is no logical time order. I have records of my responses being listed before the original query. I have been advised there is no way to sort entries based on time (even though the time is recorded behind the scenes) - another backward step.

There is no longer one timeline - I have documents in one timeline and 'to do's' in another. I have to flick backwards and forwards between the 2 to follow a flow and given that the to dos are not in time order this is made all that much harder.

There is no longer a record in the timeline of the date that a return was completed or lodged. You have to open tax to determine if the return is actually completed.

I have read a complaint on here about the additional time taken to log in under the new system. That is absolutely nothing compared with all the other backwards steps that MYOB has taken.

Am I happy with the new version - absolutely not - give me back profiles. I don't understand why there isn't major uproar by other practices. Am I the only one having these issues? My current thinking is that this is MYOB's way of forcing me to buy further modules (eg Document Manager and Time Cost and Billing) that I have not needed for the last 20 years.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong and that all this functionality is still there and I just haven't found it yet.

Linda_K
257 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

257Posts

0Kudos

55Solutions

Hi @Nag,

Sorry to hear the frustrations that you are experiencing in the PM software.  I will pass on your feedback to our product development team.

Cheers,

Linda
Practice Solutions Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post