MAS Reporter in Remote Desktop Server

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Partner
102 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

102Posts

73Kudos

14Solutions

Re: MAS Reporter in Remote Desktop Server

Hi @Gumby,

I'm surprised by that as we run all of our client's sites with UAC disabled, on the file / SQL / application servers. If we don't, we tend to have problems. And not just with Reporter, but most applications (not just MYOB).

Have you also set DEP to be AlwaysOff, not just Optout? Sorry, not trying to offend, just trying to rule out the simple things.

For 2012 R2 our standard build process is as follows:

1. Load the OS
  2. Install .Net features
  3. Install all updates (about 200, followd by a rollup pack, followed by another 100)
  4. Disable UAC and DEP
  5. Install Desktop Experience
  6. Install RDS session host
  7. Install XenApp (if being used)
  8. Install applications in Install mode.

We have also found an issue with 2012 R2 and network drive mappings through Group Policy. Ensure you're using UPDATE, not REPLACE. Otherwise, when GP refreshes itself (between 30minutes and 2 hours) the drives will drop and some of your apps will crash. We have seen this issue mainly with sites running Profiles, as the Contacts database connection gets dropped during the GP refreash. It also effects Banklink, however I recommend you switch this to server mode. Believe me, that was a fun one to troubleshoot!

Stewart Williams
Smart Business Systems
1300 798 717 | www.sbsystems.com.au

Please remember to give Kudos if someone has helped resolve your problem.
Highlighted
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks Stewart,

I have created a new Remote Desktop Server and followed your exact instructions.

The only software I have installed is System Release and Reporter

But  the following is happening, when opening reporter it frequently freezes at the Splash Screen "initializing..." If you minimise the Remote Desktop Screen then maximise it, Reporter is open and available.

I am logged in Remotely using the adminstrator login and no User Disk Profile is running.  Running reporter directly on the server seems OK.

PS. I had the mapping in GP set as "Create".  Just changed them to "Update" as suggested

Regards,

Mat G

Highlighted
Partner
102 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

102Posts

73Kudos

14Solutions

Hi @Gumby (Mat G),

I just want to confirm a couple of things:

1. When you installed Reporter on the RDS server, did you run: \<TAX LOCATION, ie: TAX or SOL64>\setup\Reporter Integration\Setup.exe
  2. Followed by: \<TAX LOCATION, ie: TAX or SOL64>\setup\Reporter Integration\MYOBAEReporterWorkstation3_4_AU.exe setup?
  3. Both installs were run with the server in install mode? ie: from a command prompt: change user /install or from Programs and Features.

To be honest, I've not really seen the sort of issues you're describing in an RDS environment and we use RDS for all of our clients. I'm wondering if the issue is not actually with the RDS server, but possibly the file server or a configuration problem.

In any event, let me know and hopefully we can get it sorted.

Stewart Williams
Smart Business Systems
1300 798 717 | www.sbsystems.com.au

Please remember to give Kudos if someone has helped resolve your problem.
Highlighted
Partner
10 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi Guys,

Thanks to everyone for the help.  This issue has now been resolved

The solution was one of the following (or all three)

1. VMware Machine version was not upto date (sitting 2 versions behind)

2. Turned On 3D Rendering on the Virtual Machine

3. Increased Video Memory to 128Mb

Regards,

Mat G

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post