SBE pool depreciation incorrectly including consideration

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
lizbud
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

SBE pool depreciation incorrectly including consideration

Today I was on a call with MYOB support for ages, to no avail, so am wondering if anyone here might be able to help me.

I have a 2021 Company tax return with an SBE general pool, including 2 vehicles from previous years which were traded in this year (for less than WDV). I entered the consideration on the disposal tabs, and the correct sales total is showing on the General pool properties tab.

However, rather than reducing the Pool balance, the consideration is included in the total carrying over to label X 'Depreciation expenses'.

Here are the figures for the whole pool:

OWDV $267,129 plus additions $72,053 less disposals $6,182 = $333,000 = amount I expect as depreciation expense (inc temporary full expensing)

Actual amount transferring to label X: $339,182, which is the depreciation/write-off PLUS the consideration

I could work around it, e.g. by entering the trade-in proceeds under income, but that doesn't seem right.

Am I missing something? Has anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Liz

1 REPLY 1
Syed1
MYOB Staff
62 Posts
MYOB Staff
MYOB Staff

62Posts

3Kudos

6Solutions

Re: SBE pool depreciation incorrectly including consideration

Hi @lizbud,

We need to further investigate this as we were not able to replicate it at our end with the details provided.

Also, clicking F1 on a field will open a relevant help page article that provides information for the field/area.

Please raise a support ticket via my.myob or contact support for further investigation.

Regards,

Syed

Customer Service Representative

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post