Seeking support - AE Ledger - Cashbook security settings

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kristin12
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Seeking support - AE Ledger - Cashbook security settings

A couple of years ago I flagged that the team security settings applied in AE don’t flow through to the MYOB cashbooks in the back end of the AE ledger.  It appears that there has not been any change to this functionality which totally amazes me.  Essentially this means we can’t prepare any confidential files in AE ledger and have to resort to using MAS and restricutions can't be applied on a per client basis.  We can’t be the only firm that restricts team access to particular ledgers. 

Are other firms experiencing this issue and how are you dealing with it aside from continuing to use legacy products?

2 REPLIES 2
RohitKS
17 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

17Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Seeking support - AE Ledger - Cashbook security settings

Dear Kristin,

Thank you writing on the community forum. AE ledger and cashbook do not have security as such. At most, a user's access to accessing AE/AO ledgers and assets tab in client accounting can be turned off from cashbook through manage firm users. There may be an enhancement request for security settings applied in AE to flow through cashbook.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards

Rohit

Kristin12
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User
Australia
Experienced User

21Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Seeking support - AE Ledger - Cashbook security settings

Thank you.  

Turning off the user in the cashbook settings is of no use if that user needs to access other clients.  

I really hope this is on the enhancement request list.  It seems fairly "101" that firms would want to restrict access to particular ledgers.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post