Partner Zone
Partner Zone

Data input via excel into MAS4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
MarcM
3 Posts
User
Australia
MarcM
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Data input via excel into MAS4

Hi All,

I'm looking for ideas on how to import an excel file with bank transactions into MAS4?

I know that in MYOB Accountants office (AO) you can arrange the entries in a specific format and then use the import from excel file function.

Is there a similar option with MYOB MAS4 ?

If not I could use a workaround by importing from excel, into a range of different accounting software at my disposal such as Account right, Quicbooks, Reckon etc, and then convert that to be able to import into MAS4 from there?

Many thanks in advance.

I'm hoping to save lot's of time in the future by now having to manually enter data into MAS4 that is already in electronic form.

Regards,

Marc

4 REPLIES 4
Former Staff Esbisme
153 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Esbisme
Former Staff

216Posts

13Kudos

32Solutions

Re: Data input via excel into MAS4

Hi @MarcM

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum and thank you for posting your question here.

In answer to your question - yes there is a way and these details are available from the my.MYOB website in our Knowledge base (KB) article area.

Basically you need to perform two steps and these are listed below for you:

1. Check that you comply with the specifications of importing into MAS:  You can use KB Article 26088:  How do I comply with the specifications for importing transactions exported from ....
  2. Import the Transactions into MAS:  For this process use KB Article 29970:  How do I import transactions exported from a 3rd party product into MAS?

Give these a go and if you experience an issues or would like to have some assistance please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team on 1300-555-666 FKC 1, 3.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Esther
Practice Solutions - Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
MarcM
3 Posts
User
Australia
MarcM
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Esbisme,

Thanks for your reply.
The links are definitely very helpful.

May I just confirm that it is not possible to import directly from an excel file to MAS5?
I have done so before in MYOB Accountants office.

Thanks,
Marc
Former Staff Esbisme
153 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Esbisme
Former Staff

216Posts

13Kudos

32Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @MarcM

It's not that it's impossible to import from Excel - it's more like you have to use the right file type that is compatible.  A CSV file type (which is compatible) is a type of Excel file.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Esther
Practice Solutions - Support
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd
MarcM
3 Posts
User
Australia
MarcM
User

3Posts