Partner Zone
Partner Zone

HOW TO FIX Common 1429/ole idispatch error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
PCTronix
1 Post
User
New Zealand
PCTronix

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

HOW TO FIX Common 1429/ole idispatch error

I've had some serious troubles getting the below sorted for a client of mine. I've found the solution and thought I would share it to save another computer tech some time Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Example of errors  

Error: "1429/OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from MYOB.Tax.TaxMan.Client.BusinessLogic: Cannot find the database" when opening MYOB AO Line 11 Line 20 Line 16 ETC

Server PC (the one hosting that database)

1) share the data folder (full rights share to everyone, security rights to everyone) - normal location is c:\myobao\data

2) After you've shared the data folder and Map the share as M: (yours can be different, in this example i'll use M: )

3) Start AO

4) go to tools - Practice and systems setup -  system setting

5) Update file location to M:\Data (or whatever your mapped share path is )

6) Make sure MYOb tax manager service is running on server-pc in controlpanel - admin tool - services (Automatic)

Client PC's  (if it's a small netowrk - create a homegroup and join all PC's to homegroup)

1) Stand alone install AO. Right after install delete c:\myobao\data
2) map  //*server-pc-name*/data as M: (MUST BE same as the server-pc mapped location, in this example M: )

3) Start AO - it will complain that the data file can't be found (It's still looking in C:\MYOBAO\DATA, which you just deleted)
4) Point it to M:

5) You should now be able to login into AO

If this does not work.

Overwrite fresh install Accountants office with working install from another PC - copy install files from working pc (program filesx86 / accountants office) to new PC.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post