Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
- last edited
I've had some serious troubles getting the below sorted for a client of mine. I've found the solution and thought I would share it to save another computer tech some time
Example of errors
Error: "1429/OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from MYOB.Tax.TaxMan.Client.BusinessLogic: Cannot find the database" when opening MYOB AO Line 11 Line 20 Line 16 ETC
Server PC (the one hosting that database)
1) share the data folder (full rights share to everyone, security rights to everyone) - normal location is c:\myobao\data
2) After you've shared the data folder and Map the share as M: (yours can be different, in this example i'll use M: )
3) Start AO
4) go to tools - Practice and systems setup - system setting
5) Update file location to M:\Data (or whatever your mapped share path is )
6) Make sure MYOb tax manager service is running on server-pc in controlpanel - admin tool - services (Automatic)
Client PC's (if it's a small netowrk - create a homegroup and join all PC's to homegroup)
1) Stand alone install AO. Right after install delete c:\myobao\data2) map //*server-pc-name*/data as M: (MUST BE same as the server-pc mapped location, in this example M: )
3) Start AO - it will complain that the data file can't be found (It's still looking in C:\MYOBAO\DATA, which you just deleted)4) Point it to M:
5) You should now be able to login into AO
If this does not work.
Overwrite fresh install Accountants office with working install from another PC - copy install files from working pc (program filesx86 / accountants office) to new PC.