13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Change to COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Jobkeeper setup instructions

We can see that you have changed the procedure for notifying the ATO through Single Touch Payroll, of the Jobkeeper Start Fortnight date.  You previously instructed to setup a payroll category and report $0.01 cent through a paycheque.  Now you are saying to set it up through the payroll reporting centre.  We can't even see the JobKeeper Payments tab under the Payroll Reporting Centre. 

What is the correct procedure and if we have recorded $0.01 in a paycheque, do we know have to report it in the Jobkeeper Payments tab under the Payroll Reporting Centre?????

So frustrated.

80 REPLIES 80
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

60Posts

17Kudos

0Solutions

JOBKEEPER FOR MONTHLY WAGES INSTRUCTIONS

Hi, this could be a stupid question, I am currently going through set up instructions for accountright.

I am up to setting up the job keeper start wage catergory and as I have processing all new accounts I have noticed that it is stressed that you type account names exactly as myob are stating.  If we are intending on claiming the jobkeeper from ato 1st fortnight do we just call account JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 even though we pay monthly. Alternatively if we are intending of starting to claim from the 2nd fortnight do we call it JOBKEEPER-START-FN02.  I realise this is a silly question, I think I have been staring at it too long and it's doing my head in!!!

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Change to COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Jobkeeper setup instructions

Hi, wondering how you knew that the process had changed??  I didn't! I originally processed payrolls for 3 employees by way of the 1c method.  I've now looked at the JobKeeper payment section in the payroll reporting centre and it shows FN01 for only 2 of my employees.  All three should be FN01.  I tried to fix the missing one through payroll centre but does not seem to update.

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Pure luck.  Went to review the original procedure and found it had changed.  I can't even access the JobKeeper Payment section in clients files.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Same problem here. We used the $0.01 cheque method and reported to ATO via STP last week, do we now have to report it again in the Jobkeeper Payments tab under the Payroll Reporting Centre? can you report it under JobKeeper payments without creating a new pay run?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

I thought I'd have a go at reporting through the Payroll Centre (as per my post above) and thought it hadn't worked but then I noticed that my reporting/notification shows in the Activity Log.  Once it had shown as sent I went out of the Payroll Centre and then back in (to refresh it) and all three of my employees now show as FN01 under the Jobkeeper Tab.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Contributing Partner
10 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

10Posts

8Kudos

1Solutions

Yes found that it had changed by accident.  Would have been nice if they had actually sent an email notifying of the change?  What do we do now?  We all have the same query? Can someone from MYOB please answer? Totally feel let down by MYOB in regards to information on how to process.  Only Friday afternoon late did they send out an email.  Way too late.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
92 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

92Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

There are a lot of people who have processed JobKeeper payments before this was changed. This is just not good enough, people are scrambling enough trying to get all this done before the deadlines and you are just updating and releasing new information without even alerting us!

Can MYOB please confirm if payroll processed using the FN01 allowance to notify the ATO of an employees participation in the JobKeeper scheme will still work or does this extra step now need to be done?

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,540 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,540Posts

189Kudos

247Solutions

Hi Everyone, 

We are making the JobKeeper process easier by allowing clients to notify the ATO of Start and Finish fortnights through the Payroll Reporting Centre. This change is slowly being made available to client's payroll centre in the coming period, please try and sign in out of your file to update the Payroll Reporting Centre.

Note: If you have not processed the 0.01 JOBKEEPER-START-FN pay for employees you can now just notify the ATO through the reporting centre. If you have already processed those 0.01 pays, you don't need to amend or delete those pays. Just leave them as they are and notify the ATO through the reporting centre.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Experienced User
16 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

16Posts

3Kudos

1Solutions

Will this procedure be changed to MYOB Essentials as well?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post