94 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

94Posts

36Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Change to COVID-19 Wage Subsidy Jobkeeper setup instructions

So you are adding an extra step to the process for those who have already paid using the allowance start codes? If so, you have a responsibility to be contacting every payer who has previously processed payroll using your previous instructions to notify them they need to also notify the ATO through the reporting centre.

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, Just jumping in on the conversation. But I have noticed that the MYOB COVID-19 wage subsidy (JobKeeper) payments that are in place for Esstentials & AccountRight - give different information. Essentials get you to set up the JOBKEEPER-START-FN in the Wage Category whereas AccountRight does not. 

In the "Do I have to pay back pay?" example, Essentials gets you to put $0.01 against the Pay Category for JOBKEEPER-START-FN01 whereas AccountRight, it doesn't even appear in the example.

Irrespective of the version, shouldn't all MYOB software be set up the same??

Any idea's or guidance as I really don't want to get it wrong.

Highlighted
4 Posts
User

4Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Just to clarify, if we have already processed those 0.01 pays and reported via STP, we still need to notify the ATO of Start and Finish fortnights underJobKeeper payments tab through the Payroll Reporting? Won't that cause a double up for ATO?

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User
42 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

42Posts

169Kudos

2Solutions

@Melisa_D wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

We are making the JobKeeper process easier by allowing clients to notify the ATO of Start and Finish fortnights through the Payroll Reporting Centre. This change is slowly being made available to client's payroll centre in the coming period, please try and sign in out of your file to update the Payroll Reporting Centre.

Note: If you have not processed the 0.01 JOBKEEPER-START-FN pay for employees you can now just notify the ATO through the reporting centre. If you have already processed those 0.01 pays, you don't need to amend or delete those pays. Just leave them as they are and notify the ATO through the reporting centre.

Hi Melissa. 
In my MYOB, this tab doesn't appear? How do I make it appear?

Highlighted
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

13Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Melisa_D

So you are saying that we now need to go back to every client to tell them they now need to report the starting fortnight, from the JobKeeper Payments tab.  This is after they have already reported by entering $0.01 via the paycheque? I spoke to phone support who advised otherwise.  What is the correct answer please?

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

HI Melisa

Why would a current employee not appear on the list?

Matt

Highlighted
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

27Posts

10Kudos

0Solutions

Me too,

I went to the Payroll reporting centre and ticked confirmation for FN01 fpr 2 x employees, but it seemed it worked for one not the other.

I tried a second time, now I seem to have 2 lots of reports sending (but not sent)

logged out and back in, still status says "sending"

Who knows hey Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Contributing Partner
7 Posts
Contributing Partner
Australia
Contributing Partner

7Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

I have an issue where my employee details are not all listed on the Job Keeper payments tab.  I have one missing and am unable to select him to notify the ATO.  How do i bring in his details please 

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

16Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

I spent the whole weekend, updating and changing according to MYOB instructions, when I actually tried to process the payroll today,  I then found out that there is the new JOBKEEPER PAYMENT function in the reporting centre. 

So quicky I selected the employees and the start of the first JK pay period and submit to ATO before I start to prepare the payroll. 

when I tried to report the just done payroll records, there was a report in the reporting centre involved with the employees I just selected for the JOBKEEPER PAYMENT accepted by the ATO?! it was with Year-To-Date figures that I could not worked out how. I definately haven't created any those transactions in MYOB, how did it happen? How to amend? it certainly won't align with the figures in MYOB and the actual wages. 

What is that report stand for? please help!

Highlighted
5 Posts
User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am on Accountright and it does not have a report centre as it is not Cloud based.  So what am i supposed to do.  This really is not good enough from MYOB

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post