EOY payroll jobkeeper

Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

EOY payroll jobkeeper

I am trying to finalise EOY and noticed that the payroll reporting centre is only showing the gross payments and tax paid but not jobkeeper. How do I reconcile my pays - do I need to manually go through each employee to see if that is the difference? Do I not worry that it isn't reconciled to my reports and just tick the finalisation box? I put Jobkeeper topup as an allowance-other and not gross payments which I am assuming is why it isn't showing. Is that correct? How do I know that all my categories have been picked up in the end of year reporting as we used to be able to check in prepare payment summaries but my online MYOB (Accountright) doesn't have that option anymore. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

44Posts

24Kudos

0Solutions

Re: EOY payroll jobkeeper

I have the same issue - I followed the directions to set JobKeeper up in MYOB and am now about finalise However the JobKeeper amounts do not appear in the "Gross Payments"

Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Same issue here.

Samer Hakim
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

40Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

It appears to be correctly recorded.

1. Go to the STP portal 

2. EOFY Finalisation

3. Download the report YTD Verification report

4. You should see the Gross wages with out jobkeeper, then the jobkeeper payments are categorised as allownces.

5. Down the botton you will see the break down as Allowance - Other (JOBKEEPER-TOPUP) .

Hope that helps.

Samer Hakim
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
37,515 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

37,515Posts

5,091Kudos

5,491Solutions

Hi @1300HOTAIR  @Samer  & @annief1 

The Payroll Reporting Centre>>EOFY Finalisation window will list the Gross Payments value. This is a total value of all payroll categories in your MYOB software that do have the ATO Reporting Category: Gross Payments. 

The Jobkeeper wage category would typically be set up as an Allowance - Other based ATO Reporting Category thus the amounts are will NOT be listed in that Gross Payments amount.

Should you wish to calculate the Gross Payments amounts, you want to:

1. Take note of all payroll categories listed as Gross Payments in your MYOB software
  2. Run the Payroll Register Detail report (or Payroll detailed report in MYOB Essentials)
  3. Total up all those wage categories to give you the required amount of Gross Payments. This should be the same value as that of the Payroll Reporting Centre.

Note: If the wage category is exempt from PAYG it will not be included in the Gross Payments calculation.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Understood that the Jobkeeper top-up is showing in Other allowances as per ATO requirements. But it's excluded in the TOTAL STP taxable wages. Does that mean it will report to ATO as not taxable? Thanks.

Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
3,784 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,784Posts

581Kudos

576Solutions

Hi @Azia 

That's correct, the JobKeeper payments are reported as Allowances not included in Gross Payments. This doesn't mean that they are reported as not-taxable. The ATO just want Allowances reported separately.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts