Eligible Business Participants

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Steve5
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Eligible Business Participants

I understand the process by which to input and therefore claim payments or topups for my staff. But as the employers my wife and myself are not included in the normal PAYG payrun including the STP. I have completed the Nomination Notice for Eligible Business Participants pertaining to my wife as she will be the one permitted participant. What happens next?  How is this then made known to the ATO. And how should this be input as income or money received in MYOB AccountRight. Thx for any help. Steve K

22 REPLIES 22
AlanT
Partner
2,160 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,160Posts

1,640Kudos

420Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Eligible Business Participants

Hi @Steve5 

Once your wife has been entered on the ATO,s on-line services as an Eligible Business Participant, the ATO will include their subsidy in the monthly Jobkeeper payments.

Regards,

AlanT

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution.
If you found it helpful, please click the thumbs up.
aidbrotey
4 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

4Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

my question to follow on from here is how do we record the business participant wage in myob- the ato wants to see all employees and business participants in the STP payroll information -so it matches up with their job keeper payments. How do i set this up for the director- who is not an employee and normally gets paid directors fees once a year.

AlanT
Partner
2,160 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,160Posts

1,640Kudos

420Solutions

Hi @aidbrotey 

An Eligible Business Particpant is not an employee and is not be paid through the payroll.

When you enrol your business and nominate an eligible participant the government will be adding and extra $1,500 per fortnight to the Jobkeeper payment.  This will be treated as income in the business and may be distributed to the EBP using whatever method they normally use to take funds out of the business such as; drawings, directors or dividends etc.

Hope that helps,

AlanT

Tax_Agent
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi AlanT,

Does the requirement to pay a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight only apply to "employees" or do Eligible Business Participants (EBP) also have to receive $1,500 per fortnight as a minimum (as either drawings, director fees, dividends etc)?

AlanT
Partner
2,160 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,160Posts

1,640Kudos

420Solutions

Hi @Tax_Agent 

There is no requirement to pay the JK subsidy to the eligible business participant immediately or in full.  They will effectively receive the funds eventually either as drawing, directors fees or dividends, however they would normally take funds from the business.

Regards,

AlanT

Tax_Agent
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Australia
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks AlanT

DTull
Experienced Partner
82 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

82Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

Hi @AlanT you previous post mentioned "Once your wife has been entered on the ATO's on-line services as an Eligible Business Participant"

Where in Online Services do we do this?

Thanks 

Steve5
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

12Kudos

0Solutions

Hi DTull. I might be able to answer that. I think the opportunity to do that does not come up until 4th May. If you go to ATO Business Portal and go to "Manage Employees" and then select the Jobkeeper link, it will show you that you are enrolled (assuming you've done that) and then there's reference to the 4th May. Check it out and also keep an eye on ATO updates to the Jobkeeper process. If I'm wrong I'm sure AlanT will correct me

DTull
Experienced Partner
82 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

82Posts

38Kudos

1Solutions

Thanks @Steve5 but Im a real dunce... where in the portal is Manage Employees?

Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post