2 Posts
Partner
Australia

2Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Job Keeper - Step 2 on ATO Portal - identifying eligible employees

We have a number of clients for whom we have completed all of the steps outlned in the JobKeeper instructions published by MYOB including notifying the ATO on the new tab in the payroll reporting centre.  These clients have been using MYOB for STP reporting for some time as well.

The ATO have now released Step 2 on their portal for Jobkeeper which is to identify eligible employees.  Part of this form requires the identification of eligible employees (ie names, TFN, DOB, etc). 

When we have been completing step 2 on the ATO portal for clients who have used a major competitor's accounting software, the employee section is pre-filled with details of potentially eligible employee  derived from STP reporting (name, TFN & DOB).

However, no such data is prefilled for our MYOB clients.  We understand this data has to be there for clients to receive the funds.

Our concern is that if we submit/complete Step 2 of the ATO Portal Jobkeeper process our clients will still not receive the funds as the MYOB STP reporting does not appeat to be linking through into the JobKeeper part of the ATO Portal.  

Are there know issues at the moment? Should we expect this info to be prefilled in step 2 of the Jobkeeper process on the ATO portal?

Thank you for any help.

54 REPLIES 54
Highlighted
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Job Keeper - Step 2 on ATO Portal - identifying eligible employees

I have the same issue....

Highlighted
4 Posts
Cover User
Cover User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I also have the same issue

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I would also love a reply.

Highlighted
Partner
2,134 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,134Posts

1,598Kudos

420Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @ShereeBrown , @kate71 & @Shell76 

Because you are using MYOB payroll which has already lodged this information via STP, Step 2 has already prefilled the number of employees you have nominated for JobKeeper and you are simply required to confirm these details.

If you were not using STP to record your payroll details you would be asked for this information to be entered manually.

The ATO does not need you to manually re-enter these details again.

I hope this has clarified this for you.

Regards,

AlanT

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution.
If you found it helpful, please click the thumbs up.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

The same and I am on the phone to the ATO and they have to manually input all the employees with the info required!

Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

We've had the same issues this morning, interesting that this only happens with MYOB clients.

Is it me or does it seem like MYOB's solution to this is onerus compared to other software providers and by my experience doesn't seem to work well with the ATO by prefilling employee details. As this is worth a lot of money to many businesses at a real time of need, I would have thought a better solution by MYOB would be a priority. I hope the none prefilling issues don't delay payments.

Just my two cents....

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

There is no prefilled data appearing for any of my clients except for the number of employees

Edit: Please note that this occurs even with the correct dates

JobKeeper.png
Highlighted
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

@Kotrolosyou got the same warning as us "employee details required before jobkeeper subsidy can be paid". I didn't get this warning when lodging with other software providers as each employee was prefilled into this form.

Highlighted
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

I spoke to the ATO, they advised me that if details weren't correct they will contact us but still, dissapointed that MYOB isn't stepping up to the plate.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post